Where is Everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You post on a regular basis for years with people and then one night everyone disappears? Two hours no posts.

It's like a Twilight Zone episode.

tz-timeenough.jpg

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
It stunk! How anyone could ruin Les Mis on Broadway is beyond me.

Can I hijack your thread, Billy?

Thanks.

So the thing is, if you can't do it right, don't revive Les Mis! It's only the greatest show in Broadway history... it deserves so much better than a dinky theatre with a small stage and a lead actor who spits large spit globules every time he opens his mouth, and a lead actress who actively cannot sing, and... oh, it was so disappointing.

Do you know who was the best Eponine ever? Debbie Gibson! Swear, I was so cynical about even seeing it with her in it, and she was fan-freakin'-tabulous. Belted her butt off, louder and more gutsy than anyone else in the show. She was meant for theatre, not pop.

I kept waiting for one person to shake me. That's all it takes to make me happy, really. One voice to knock me out of my seat. Didn't happen.

I should add that I'm the only one in the family who was quite this disappointed. My parents said it wasn't as good as the other times they've seen it, but they still really enjoyed it. I couldn't help but sit there all agitated, thinking, "How could they let Les Mis fall so far?"

Grumpgrump. Nearly had to staple myself to my seat so I didn't jump up there and try to take over for Fantine.

I did have a lovely steak with garlic mashed potatoes at Applebee's afterwards, though.

Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:

Can I hijack your thread, Billy?

Thanks.

lol...You're welcome.

I'm just glad everyone is alive and well.

Now I can go to sleep.

Goodnight.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Aww, crap. I hate when they do that to really terrific shows that I've loved. Saw a production of Godspell a few years ago that pretty much ensured I'll never, ever buy tickets for it again.

Probably not, anyway.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Oh, no! I was in Godspell twice. Super experience both times. I'd be very grumpy if someone messed that up.

I am happy to report that I've never seen a bad version of Starmites. (I realize this is because practically no one has even heard of it. But still.)

Ohhh, I wish I were a superhero girl...

Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of? Is it... soothing?

Honestly, you're asking the wrong guy on the whole sleep thing. I just can't sleep. Even when I'm exhausted.

Although I will try a non-unisom, non-alcohol induced sleep tonight, I am quite sure it won't work.

But I'm going to give it a shot.

And so far "Broken Flowers" is helping to take the place of the unisom.

We shall see.

Adios a la manana.

Gracias.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
JennaGlatzer said:
Oh, no! I was in Godspell twice. Super experience both times. I'd be very grumpy if someone messed that up.

I am happy to report that I've never seen a bad version of Starmites. (I realize this is because practically no one has even heard of it. But still.)

Ohhh, I wish I were a superhero girl...

Jenna, I didn’t know you were a Broadway Actress. I’ve always wanted to go to New York City and see a Broadway show.

A lady friend of mine who lives in Manhattan knew of this and got us front row, center seats tickets for the Broadway show of "Smokey Joes Cafe” at the Virginia Theater and that was something.

I made arrangements for a July 4 weekend in 1999 and flew up there. I stayed at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
687 Lexington Ave., New York

After the show she took me to the Stage Deli of New York. This was just around the corner and a bit down the road. She told me that this is where the Actors and Actresses go sometimes to eat late at night after the show. Evidently it is very famous for the good deli sandwiches for they are so big and very good to eat they are worth it.

I’ll remember this forever.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Oh, Jerry, I should have specified-- I was never on Broadway. Just community theatres, hoping to make it to Broadway someday (then the panic disorder struck and killed that plan... which is why I became a writer).

My parents saw Smokey Joe's Cafe and loved it! I never saw that one.

I've seen so many terrific shows, though. Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Lion King, AIDA, Beauty and the Beast, Rent... bummer that ticket prices are through the roof now, though! There are at least three or four shows I'd love to see right now, but everything's expensive. This one was $200 per ticket!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Phantom is still one of my faves. I know, I know...the story itself is, umm, not that logical. But it's a really beautiful spectacle.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
Phantom is still one of my faves. I know, I know...the story itself is, umm, not that logical. But it's a really beautiful spectacle.

Yeah, but frankly, I prefer the book.

I can remember seeing wonderful, challenging productions of Man of La Mancha in the early '70s. Shows that had the whole audience on their feet crying at the curtain. Then saw a revival in the late '80s and it was as if they didn't even guess there was anything edgy about it - no political overtone, no passion. It fell absolutely flat. What a shame.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I've never seen Les Mis. But there is a play call Les Miserables, which is neat if you see it at a theater with a big-a$$ rotating stage floor, which the Pantages in LA has. This play has the reputation of having the most unsingable songs of any musical.

For my money gimme a good Brigadoon or Lion King for the music.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
JennaGlatzer said:
Oh, Jerry, I should have specified-- I was never on Broadway. Just community theatres, hoping to make it to Broadway someday (then the panic disorder struck and killed that plan... which is why I became a writer).

My parents saw Smokey Joe's Cafe and loved it! I never saw that one.

I've seen so many terrific shows, though. Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Lion King, AIDA, Beauty and the Beast, Rent... bummer that ticket prices are through the roof now, though! There are at least three or four shows I'd love to see right now, but everything's expensive. This one was $200 per ticket!

I have no idea what the cost of the tickets were for Smokey Joe’s Cafe were, she paid for the tickets and I paid for the dinners on the town for three days. She’s rich, a very famous model in her early years, and a famous designer of woman’s clothes. She can afford the cost. I have no idea what she would see in an ol country boy such as I, but she is too much for my taste. Don’t want no pushy uptown Manhattan rich condo gall. Give me the quiet country gall and another new life to enjoy her.

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
Las Vegas is currently going through this major Broadway fetish. This year saw the opening of Phantom of the Opera, a scaled down 1 hour 45 min verision of the show. My wife saw it and said that it was great. In 2007, The Producers and Spamalot will open here. In 2002, Mama Mia opened at Mandaly Bay. 2006 saw Hairspray open and close, and Avenue Q (loved that little show) open and close.

Personally, I see The Producers closing sometime in 2007 after it opens and Spamalot closing in 2008 after its late 2007 opening at the Wynn.

Nobody comes to Vegas to see a Broadway show. They come here to see naked chicks ice skating, Russians swinging by their finger nails, gambling and drinking.

Once Las Vegas names me Supreme Ruler, I will inact Jenna Glatzer Day. A day where all of the finest Broadway singers come together to sing Les Mis songs for a 24 hour span. MacAllister is also welcome. But only so I can show her what I great leader I am, in hopes she'll crown me as an AW Mod. :Hug2:

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Les Miz. It's the only show I've ever seen where the audience applauds the scenery (where the barricade comes together). Ooooh, darn it. Now I'll be singing Les Miz songs in my head. I just loooove the music and the lyrics are poetry. "To love another person is to touch the face of God."

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap, now songs from Les Miz are getting stuck in my head !!!

*think Rocky Horror, think Rocky Horror, think Rocky Horror . . . *

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
I love going to Broadway shows. Gee...I haven't been back to NYC since the late nineties when I was working on Long Island.

Hey Jenna, is Burt Baccarat's still around? They made the best steak and then Burt would come out once in a while and play the piano. You gotta love Jones Beach for the babes of summer (well maybe not you).

Glad you had a nice dinner last night.

Toodles,

Spooky

Status
Not open for further replies.