PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is a co-author?

Talia
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi there

I would like to know what I can correctly call myself.

The book contains 101 chapters, each written by a different author. Some of the authors are "big names" such as Jack Canfield and John Gray. I have been calling myself a contributing author but I notice several of the authors are describing themselves as co-authors. Of course being a co-author sounds MUCH more impressive :D but I don't want to mislead people.

So... what do you think (the link below in my signature is to the book I am talking about)

Thanks

Mac H.
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Of course being a co-author sounds MUCH more impressive .. until people realise that you were one of 101 authors who had their story published in this collection.

Then it just kinda sounds lame. Stick to 'contributing author' - it's a credit you can be proud of.

Mac

Talia
11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
.. until people realise that you were one of 101 authors who had their story published in this collection.

Then it just kinda sounds lame. Stick to 'contributing author' - it's a credit you can be proud of.

Mac

I know ;) I just don't want to miss any marketing opportunities LOL.

Kate Thornton
11-02-2006, 07:31 PM
And congrats on all your recent successes, Talia! - I really liked your entry over on EE! I like the sound of "contributing author" and I'm gonna use it to describe my participation in all those mystery anthologies.

jchines
11-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd go with contributor or contributing author, myself.

Freckles
11-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Good job on the book! I usually think of co-author as applying to a small group (under 5) who wrote the book. Each had a hand in all of the writing and editing.

:)

Talia
11-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks everyone. I guess it's agreed - Contributing Author!!!

Good to get the feedback and support

And Kate oh Queen of the continuation - I love your witty continuations. Did I mention, the continuation was really great?