Yup, the Good Ole U.S. of A. is the one with the poor Freedom of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Poor Borat and Poor English Dave.

Neither of those guys can catch a break.

:(

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The article forgot to mention how local authorities are covertly planting mini cameras in trash bins to monitor our rubbish disposal habits. Dump the wrong trash in the wrong bin and expect a hefty fine.

We're a nation run by tin-pot nonenities with nothing better to do than think up more and more outlandish ways to spend our ever-increasing taxes, and it's starting to piss me off - i didn't watch my buddies die face down in the dirt for these clowns, these jokers...

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Wow! So...if some other country is worse than we are, we don't really have a problem, right? I feel so much better. :)

I saw this guy the other day with a huge port wine stain on his face, which was helpful, because I was beginning to feel unattractive.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
This post wasn't really to say how much better we are, so much as to say that no matter how much we complain about our own situation, it honestly isn't much better anywhere else.

Or, "wherever you go, that's where you are."

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Jagyevash! My name-a Borat...

....seriously, though, I got big problems with any country that seeks to eliminate certain forms of speech, no matter what kind of good intention is behind it (Germany re: Nazis), and no matter how despicable the phrase (such as, "Clary is hot.")

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
dclary said:
This post wasn't really to say how much better we are, so much as to say that no matter how much we complain about our own situation, it honestly isn't much better anywhere else.

Or, "wherever you go, that's where you are."

"Come to America! We guarantee we're no worse than your home country! Plus, we've got great roads!"

Just bustin' yer chops, man. :)

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Just this morning there is a story on the news revealing that Brits are the most spied-upon citizens of any democracy in the world. The average Brit citizen gets photographed 300 times a day by surveillance cameras.

caw.

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
What's wrong with surveillance cameras? How can you ***** about privacy in public? Everyone else can see you, so why not cameras?

There's nothing wrong with "spying" in public. It's when you get phone tapping and email spying, like what the USA does, that's the problem. That's a real privacy issue.

Robert Toy

RG570 said:
What's wrong with surveillance cameras? How can you ***** about privacy in public? Everyone else can see you, so why not cameras?

There's nothing wrong with "spying" in public. It's when you get phone tapping and email spying, like what the USA does, that's the problem. That's a real privacy issue.
Does GCHQ mean anything to you?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
SC Harrison said:
"Come to America! We guarantee we're no worse than your home country! Plus, we've got great roads!"

Just bustin' yer chops, man. :)

no worries. This could lead to a whole series of ads, though.

"Come to America! We're no worse than were you're from, and hamburgers are only $1"

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
RG570 said:

The story was about more than just the surveillance cameras. Just remember, War Is Peace, Slavery Is Freedom.

caw.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I don't know whether to laugh or poke fun at Dave. Either way, ignorance of what little freedom you really enjoy is entertaining.

Reaction score
RG570 said:

Of course. Well said.

Thank you.

army_grunt13

Veteran Turned Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.legionarybooks.net
Just go to the Middle East, where they chop your block off for saying anything derogitory about Islam, and where beating your wives is a national past time! In all honesty, I didn't see too much of the wife beating in the northern parts that are predominantly Kurdish, but I saw it all the time in Baquba. . .

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Sheryl Nantus said:
but bring your own tea - the stuff here is awful!

sorry, it had to be said.

:D

You have to steep a big pot of it, throw in a whole mess of sugar, add a little lemon juice, and serve it over ice.

It's the best way to wash down pork barbecue sandwiches with cole slaw, or a heaping plate of fried Calabash shrimp. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.