Back on track with Moonstone novel

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I'm back on track with my fantasy novel about Moonstone (and Brodin). (It's a fantasy novel about Moonstone, a mage who is also a countertenor, and several of his loves. Most particularly Brodin, a lord he encounters while both try to save the kingdom from the Evil Prince.[sup]TM[/sup])

I think I managed to stall myself because I had a lot of edits I was adding as I wrote, and it just got on my nerves because it seemed that I wrote and wrote but didn't get near the end. So I took a break and started a short vampire romance, and I guess it recharged my batteries. Because over this weekend, I went back to the Moonstone story.
:hooray:

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
triceretops said:
...Unc Jim gives us permission to write crap. So when I tried it, it came out pretty good, no where near crap.
My problem was that I kept changing my mind about the length of the river journey, when and how Princess Rowena was crowned as the queen, whether or not Moonstone killed his brother in battle, etc. So I was writing crap, then replacing it with new crap. Oh, and then editing pre-existing crap while I still remembered what crap I had added or taken away. After a while, all I could think was "Holy crap! When will this end?!" :tongue

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you!:Thumbs:It's important to take a break sometimes, and let your creative juices refill. Let us know how it goes!

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Yay Anne :)

I'm hoping to get back on track with a novel after... I write... my dissertation...
:hides under the blankies:

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Shweta said:
Yay Anne :)

I'm hoping to get back on track with a novel after... I write... my dissertation...
:e2thud: Wow. :)

Shweta said:
:hides under the blankies:
I don't blame you!

P.S. Of course, since I posted this, I got stuck on yet another bloody idea. But I had inspiration last night, and I'm letting it brew. All I know is that whatever happens, I will probably come up with some grotesque and seriocomic method for the Evil Prince [SUP]TM[/SUP] to break into the castle. And some way to humiliate him in the end. :D

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
AnneMarble said:
And some way to humiliate him in the end. :D

:D

"It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand...."