Phobias: Do you have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty_Blue

Registered
Reaction score
I used to live in an apartment in a tower block, and never worried about the occasional spider or bug, but since moving to a more rural location I have seen things I cannot even name... I never used to be as bad as I am now and even jump when a fly comes too close !

Yesterday my son captured a praying mantis and, I swear, I almost passed out (much to his mirth).. must be old age me thinks! :e2cry:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Phobias: Do You Have Them?

I'm afraid of threads being posted multiple times. How about you?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm afraid of meeting quirky Friends characters in the tropical isles.

Yes, that's right.

I'm fijiphoebephobic.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Snakes. I hate them all even the non-deadly ones.

Being a runner and mountain biker and growing up around the Royal National Park I have seen far too many of the worlds most deadly snakes blocking the paths I want to continue on...

And crocodiles. I hate them too. The tricky little buggers can make the sound of a crying baby or a hurt pig or dog to attract people to the waters edge - evil sneaky dinosaurs.

All snakes and crocodiles should be made into handbags, belts and shoes.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Rats. When I was living in India they used to come at night and lick people;s fingers (we used to eat with our hands Indian style, so invariably hands still had food smells on them.) I just LOATHE Rats.
A friend of mine's daughter had a pet rat and once I had to sleep in the same room wth the rat, which was in a cge. Just the sound of its nails on the swdust turned my blood.
I dont mind spiders at all, or any other bugs and stuff. Just rats.

Last edited:

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Spiders. Cannot stand them. Once I couldn't even open the door to my daughter's bedroom when she was in there because there was a spider on her door. I had to get my 4 year old to open it for me.

Yuk!

Nangleator

Rep Point Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. In which to post? Hmm.

I'm afraid of heights. Get dizzy on stepladders. Get woozy watching movies about mountain climbers. Still, I got my pilot's license. (When asked about that, I say, "Well, I sure as hell don't look out the windows!")

Claustrophobic.

Afraid of stinging insects.

Still afraid of that foot-grabbing monster that lurks under the bed, and lives on a diet of exposed feet.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto the mirrors in the dark. Heights scare me, spiders scare me, lakes scare me(thanks, Stephen King).

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
aadams73 said:
Ditto the mirrors in the dark. Heights scare me, spiders scare me, lakes scare me(thanks, Stephen King).

Ooo! The lake one! I remember that!

And I don't like submerged things... docks, piers, sunken boats/whatever. I think, in a past life, I must've drowned.

Misty_Blue

Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
I don't like looking in mirrors in the dark... there might be something in there with me... or behind me...

Oh that is just too creepy :scared:

Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
And I don't like submerged things... docks, piers, sunken boats/whatever. I think, in a past life, I must've drowned.

Totally. I remember watching 'Finding Nemo' and my then 8 year old son having to hold MY hand, esp when we came to the bits with the submarines. Argh, even thinking about it ....

(I had thought, cartoon, how bad can it be?)

I don't mind underwater stuff, once I can't see anything sunken.

Misty_Blue

Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Ooo! The lake one! I remember that!

Ya never know Ol'Fashioned Girl, they say these quirky sentiments have a deeper meaning. Are you afraid of swimming in a lake then?

I was told I died in a fire in a past life (I must have been a witch at burnt at the stake then, since i was born on halloween) and I did happen to set my kitchen on fire once too..oops

Raiyah

Shopaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto Naklasmoke. . . I too am afraid to dying in a car crash, I was forced to get my license in order to get around the city at a decent time. Even then, I just drive where I need to drive, you will not see me driving to go shopping or go to a friend's house.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
Bees and Lakes..
I can not even dip a toe into a lake.. give me the ocean anyday....

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com
Raiyah said:
... I was forced to get my license in order to get around the city at a decent time...

I also have to get my license. I'm scared, and in a way, excited, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to conquer my fears. Of course, i say this while sitting at a computer, and nowhere near a car or a road at all.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Misty_Blue said:
Ya never know Ol'Fashioned Girl, they say these quirky sentiments have a deeper meaning. Are you afraid of swimming in a lake then?

I can do it, but I don't like it. If the water's murky, no way.

I also have this 'thing' against collars - turtle necks, lace, anything up around my neck. Can't stand it. Can't BREATHE. My dearly departed girlfriend told me I must've been hanged in a former life... after she died and I started working on genealogy, I discovered I was the 11th great-granddaughter of the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut back in the mid-1600s. Made perfect sense to me! One of my female ancestors farther back was given the float test for witchcraft in England. She failed. Maybe that's where my fear of that murky water comes from.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
I can do it, but I don't like it. If the water's murky, no way.

I also have this 'thing' against collars - turtle necks, lace, anything up around my neck. Can't stand it. Can't BREATHE. My dearly departed girlfriend told me I must've been hanged in a former life... after she died and I started working on genealogy, I discovered I was the 11th great-granddaughter of the last woman hanged for witchcraft in Connecticut back in the mid-1600s. Made perfect sense to me! One of my female ancestors farther back was given the float test for witchcraft in England. She failed. Maybe that's where my fear of that murky water comes from.

Thanks for that I also can not wear anything close to my throat or my wrists, I feel claustophobic and can't breathe. I even get creeped out when I am with someone sporting a turtleneck, I feel constricted. Right with you on the murky lake water as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.