Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BottomlessCup said:
I'm not sure why

'Cause he's like a thousand?

I'm sad too.
:(

Is there a more tense moment in television then when the cliffhanger guy nears the summit and shows no signs of slowing down? I think not.

cliffhanger_150x200.gif

Last edited:

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Sorry guys. I loved it too at one time.
I always watched and I always loved Price is Right until I went on the show .....and no, it had nothing to do with not being picked. I was just heartbroken to see him being so mean when they were off the air. He cussed and yelled and downright had several fits, while everyone scrambled around him trying to please him. Then they would start the countdown to go back on, and he'd give this big smile and continue so sweet and nice.... it was disturbing to me.
I came home and still watched the show, but something inside me had died. It just wasn't the same anymore.

Reaction score
Everytime I faked being sick and got to stay home from school, the high point of the day was 11:00 AM NY time when Price is Right would come on.

The low point being at dinner when I forgot I was supposed to be sick and I'm joking around or something and my mom would say....

"I see you're feeling better."

And she'd throw in a...

:rolleyes:

Sorry, mom....had a social studies quiz that I didn't study for because of the Islander overtime game.

:Shrug:

Reaction score
Everytime I faked being sick and got to stay home from school, the high point of the day was 11:00 AM NY time when Price is Right would come on.

The low point being at dinner when I forgot I was supposed to be sick and I'm joking around or something and my mom would say....

"I see you're feeling better."

And she'd throw in a...

:rolleyes:

Sorry, mom....had a social studies quiz that I didn't study for because of the Islander overtime game.

:Shrug:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
September skies said:
He cussed and yelled and downright had several fits, while everyone scrambled around him trying to please him. Then they would start the countdown to go back on, and he'd give this big smile and continue so sweet and nice.... it was disturbing to me.

Wasn't he sued for sexual harrassment by some of the women who worked the show with him several years ago?

ETA: He was - but the suits were either dismissed by the courts or settled out of court.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This must be like what it felt like for older people when Ed Sullivan, Chuck Woolery, and The Smothers Brothers, god rest their souls, hung it up.

Time is marching on, people.

Before you know it, all your favorites will be gone.

Reaction score
KTC said:
Phyllis Diller!

She will never die.

The last two people on earth after the apocolypse will be Phyllis Diller and Abe Vigoda.

You heard it here first.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
September skies said:
Sorry guys. I loved it too at one time.
I always watched and I always loved Price is Right until I went on the show .....and no, it had nothing to do with not being picked. I was just heartbroken to see him being so mean when they were off the air. He cussed and yelled and downright had several fits, while everyone scrambled around him trying to please him. Then they would start the countdown to go back on, and he'd give this big smile and continue so sweet and nice.... it was disturbing to me.
I came home and still watched the show, but something inside me had died. It just wasn't the same anymore.

That's terrible, SS! I was on the show once back in 2001 while attending a semester of school in Los Angeles. My roommate (who was sitting right next to me) actually made it up into Contestant's Row and on stage to play a game (!!!), so was on TV for about three seconds the day it aired.

It's odd, though, because during the commercial breaks, Bob was genial and funny. He cracked jokes and talked to the audience members, and was generally a nice guy.

I wonder if I saw him on a good day. :Shrug:

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Because I am a reserved personality, the thought of being on The Price is Right is just about my personal nightmare.

If someone told me to jump up and down and scream, I'd die of a heart attack. (Or at least start bawling.)

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I used to watch The Price is Right with my mom everyday at lunchtime with my mother before I was old enough to go to school. Bob Barker is one of the few constants in my life! What am I going to do!?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
CBeasy said:
I used to watch The Price is Right with my mom everyday at lunchtime with my mother before I was old enough to go to school. Bob Barker is one of the few constants in my life! What am I going to do!?
I know your pain. I used to watch him while stationed overseas in Okinawa. His retirement marks the end of a golden age of television for me and millions of others.

:cry:

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up with Bob and the Price is Right at 11 am. When I'm off work, it is still a highlight to watch the show. I never liked the cliffhanger game, though. The little guy always seemed to vault off the mountain when I saw it. Love Plinko.

Yeah, I know, silly things make me happy. Bob is an institution. I remember the hoo-haa when he stopped dyeing his hair.

I will miss him. And New Year's Eve is not the same without Dick Clark. I hear he's going to do the show this year.

Karen

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was on the Price Is Right. I was top winner in the Showcase Showdown. But I lost my butt. I did win 2 guitars though. He looks much different in person. He's three days older than dirt and taller than he looks on TV.

Good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.