PDA

View Full Version : A Moveable (Posting) Feast --- Thread Request

dclary
10-31-2006, 05:41 AM
MODS:

I would like to propose a writing challenge/game/activity that will involve nearly every active poster on AW, as well as every mod as well.

A moveable thread.

One thread, that every 24 hours changes the forum it is located in.

With the following challenge: whatever forum it resides in, every new post has to be on topic for that particular forum. In the event of an off-topic post, the poster agrees to a 24-hour ban (one day in the penalty box).

What do you think?

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 05:52 AM
Can I just drink instead?

Rolling Thunder
10-31-2006, 05:54 AM
MODS:

I would like to propose a writing challenge/game/activity that will involve nearly every active poster on AW, as well as every mod as well.

A moveable thread.

One thread, that every 24 hours changes the forum it is located in.

With the following challenge: whatever forum it resides in, every new post has to be on topic for that particular forum. In the event of an off-topic post, the poster agrees to a 24-hour ban (one day in the penalty box).

What do you think?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Dude, whatever you're on......you gonna share?

dclary
10-31-2006, 05:55 AM
There will be an accompanying drinking game. Every time you get a rep point in the thread you have to take a shot and then post that you took a shot, and then rep someone else.

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 05:57 AM
Can I just drink instead and leave the thinking to serious folks?

dclary
10-31-2006, 05:58 AM
Yes, but where would the challenge be in that? You're gonna drink anyway. Why not post while you're doing it?

robeiae
10-31-2006, 05:58 AM
You forgot the 'remove one article of clothing' rule.

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 06:02 AM
Yes, but where would the challenge be in that? You're gonna drink anyway. Why not post while you're doing it?But if I have to think then it just spoils the booze mood.

dclary
10-31-2006, 06:15 AM
You forgot the 'remove one article of clothing' rule.

Good god, yes, excellent rule.

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 06:16 AM
You forgot the 'remove one article of clothing' rule.Will this be on the honor system?

dclary
10-31-2006, 06:17 AM
No. All women must send photos of their state of undress to spooky, robeiae, billy and myself.

Men can send proof to Spork.

tiny
10-31-2006, 06:17 AM
You guys realize, there's four guys in this thread and you're talking removal of clothing.

dclary
10-31-2006, 06:18 AM
I don't know how to quit spooky.

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 06:20 AM
You guys realize, there's four guys in this thread and you're talking removal of clothing.We knew the women would come out of the closet at the mere mention of undressing.

CBeasy
10-31-2006, 06:23 AM
No. All women must send photos of their state of undress to spooky, robeiae, billy and myself.

Not so fast, don't forget me!
Edit: The women shouldn't forget me. The men can totally forget.

Edit 2.0: Also, now that I'm here, the women will come in droves.

robeiae
10-31-2006, 06:23 AM
:roll:

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Men can send proof to Spork.Would that be: turn to the left and cough?

tiny
10-31-2006, 06:29 AM
Still, all guys.

(I'm not here)

CBeasy
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
You've got to give it time for word to get around that I'm here!
I'm good, but I'm not that good, sheesh.

robeiae
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Still, all guys.
...and TT.

I'm guessing this is a common occurence in your world. And I don't mean that with any sexual undertones, but simply as your ability to hang with the boys.

Is this too serious a comment? It's meant to be complimentary.

tiny
10-31-2006, 06:34 AM
...and TT.

I'm guessing this is a common occurence in your world. And I don't mean that with any sexual undertones, but simply as your ability to hang with the boys.

That's cuz I can spit, curse, and play poker. :D

SpookyWriter
10-31-2006, 06:35 AM
That's cuz I can spit, curse, and play poker. :DBut can you do that while cooking dinner? * run jonny run *

robeiae
10-31-2006, 06:38 AM
"Make me feel like a real woman!" she cooed.

"Okay...get me a beer, I'm gonna watch the game."

Jongfan
10-31-2006, 06:38 AM
Clothing shall remain on, but I am so up for the drinking

Shall we start with Tequila..

robeiae
10-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Shall we start with Tequila..
No, start with beer, finish with Tequila (http://larrymillerhumor.com/media/)...

tiny
10-31-2006, 06:49 AM
I'll get ya' a beer, but you gotta yell the plays out while I'm gone.

(pats are up 10 to 0)

AnneMarble
10-31-2006, 06:50 AM
There will be an accompanying drinking game. Every time you get a rep point in the thread you have to take a shot and then post that you took a shot, and then rep someone else.
I'll just drink Diet Coke instead. And then I'll look like this...

:snoopy: :hooray: :banana: :e2bouncey :e2woo:

Jongfan
10-31-2006, 06:56 AM
No, start with beer, finish with Tequila (http://larrymillerhumor.com/media/)...

Robeiae, as your labor and delivery coach, I can not allow you to drink, I shall start with a beer followed by Tequila....now you should go rest

Jaycinth
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Actually the guys are welcome to take off their clothes, drink and post. I have no problem with that....

Unless they all look like I think they could look. I mean as opposed to how I wish they would look or what we could tolerate them looking like. Or how much we look at them. I mean, it is possible for a man to get drunk and nekkid and remain drunk and nekkid with no one ever noticing. But that would require the willpower to stay inside the house and not chase alpaca down the street.

Maybe they should just keep their clothes on and I'll go looking for a beer somewhere else.

Jongfan
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Actually the guys are welcome to take off their clothes, drink and post. I have no problem with that....

Unless they all look like I think they could look. I mean as opposed to how I wish they would look or what we could tolerate them looking like. Or how much we look at them. I mean, it is possible for a man to get drunk and nekkid and remain drunk and nekkid with no one ever noticing. But that would require the willpower to stay inside the house and not chase alpaca down the street.

Maybe they should just keep their clothes on and I'll go looking for a beer somewhere else.

Someone take the Tequila out of her hand..

PeeDee
10-31-2006, 11:31 PM
I don't want to do this much work just to post vitty banter all over the forum without any pants on. I mean, I do that anyway.

Soccer Mom
11-01-2006, 12:29 AM
On topic? Pfffft. Like that would ever happen.

How 'bout them Cowboys?

Woot!

Freckles
11-01-2006, 12:34 AM
If it involves me actually thinking, then NO, I'm against it. Very against it.

JennaGlatzer
11-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Wow, Clary, this is weird. I'm not kidding-- a few months ago, the mods actually discussed doing pretty much this exact thing. A "roving thread." ChunkyC had come up with the premise, and we were talking about the various ways it could twist and turn on the different boards. I don't remember why we didn't wind up starting it-- I think it might have just been a busy time and we forgot about it. But yes, we love the idea. Thanks for getting us talking about it again. We'll go talk logistics...

dclary
11-01-2006, 12:58 AM
/flash forward 10 years:

"And that was the day we first considered making Clary the great Mod that he's eventually become."

Haggis
11-01-2006, 01:04 AM
/flash forward 10 years:

"And that was the day we first considered making Clary the great Mod that he's eventually become."

Excerpt from "Modern Horrors of the Twenty-First Century."

dclary
11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
:roll:

Jaycinth
11-01-2006, 01:13 AM
On topic? Pfffft. Like that would ever happen.

How 'bout them Cowboys?

Woot!

Well, I could be happy drinking beer and watching the Cowboys play nekkid. But I can't "whoot Whoot' for them. In my part of the world what we consider a great football season is when our team **coughskinscough** beats the 'boys' even if those are the only games they win.

And, yes, it is not a good idea to let me drink Tequila. Especially not tonite.

MidnightMuse
11-01-2006, 01:44 AM

Stick with Rum, I'll pour.

robeiae
11-01-2006, 01:55 AM
ChunkyC had come up with the premise...
I've never seen Dclary and ChunkyC together in the same room--kinda makes you think, doesn't it? And they're both green...

dclary
11-01-2006, 02:28 AM
I've never seen Dclary and ChunkyC together in the same room--kinda makes you think, doesn't it? And they're both green...

That's uh, because we wouldn't fit in the same room.

Soccer Mom
11-01-2006, 03:12 AM
Well, I could be happy drinking beer and watching the Cowboys play nekkid. But I can't "whoot Whoot' for them. In my part of the world what we consider a great football season is when our team **coughskinscough** beats the 'boys' even if those are the only games they win.

I believe our teams meet next week. :D Should be fun.