Car or Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Which would you want FIRST?

Pro-Wii: Don't have to save up as much, will most likely get more use out of it.

Con-Wii: It won't get me anywhere that I need to go.

Pro-Car: I'll be able to take my friends places.

Con-Car: It's likely I'll only be able to go to school and work, plus, I suck at driving and will have to pay my own insurance.

OTOH, I can use the CAR to GET teh Wii! :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Project nachonaco said:
Which would you want FIRST?

Pro-Wii: Don't have to save up as much, will most likely get more use out of it.

Con-Wii: It won't get me anywhere that I need to go.

Pro-Car: I'll be able to take my friends places.

Con-Car: It's likely I'll only be able to go to school and work, plus, I suck at driving and will have to pay my own insurance.

OTOH, I can use the CAR to GET teh Wii! :D

TRUST ME. The Wii is going to suck, unless you're like a teenaged girl living in Mexico or something.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
What the heck is a Wii?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
In the eternal quest to become lamer and lamer (and/or to ensure their only appeal is to 12-year-old-girls), this was the clever name Nintendo came up with for their new video-game system.

Reaction score
dclary said:
In the eternal quest to become lamer and lamer (and/or to ensure their only appeal is to 12-year-old-girls), this was the clever name Nintendo came up with for their new video-game system.

"Wii?"

That's a big bowl of awful.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
Really? Wee? Not Why?

Is it "short" for something?

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:

Dude, I'm 17. Not 12. ;)

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Save up for the car. Ask for the Wii for Christmas.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
Project nachonaco said:
Dude, I'm 17. Not 12. ;)

I'm probably too old to advise on anything of this nature, but the very fact you are weighing options between a car and this wee thing tells me......you should go ahead and get the wee.
I vote wee.

Reaction score
"Wii" as a name for a game console gives me great comfort that my retiring from the gaming industry, after I crashed and killed my entire Zaxxon crew over Macho Grande on my Colecovision on 11/16/88, was the right decision.

Reaction score
Jadezuki said:
I had a ColecoVision. I was only old enough to really play the Smurfs game, though.

I loved that game.

smurf.jpg

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Jadezuki said:
I had a ColecoVision. I was only old enough to really play the Smurfs game, though.

There's a long list of reasons why Wii was chosen as the name for the new console; I don't remember them all now, but one that stuck out to me is that it's easy to say and isn't language-specific. And it's supposed to have the connotation of We, as in, "everyone playing together." And yeah, there's going to be the inevitable jokes about people playing with their Wiis, but hopefully you'll only hear that in junior high. :p

Of course you're only going to hear that in Junior High. Only Junior Highers are going to be playing it.

Duh.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
The Wii will indeed be quite awesome. I will be waiting in line to buy one on the second. That being said, you should definately buy the car. At 17, nothing is cooler than buying a car. The Wii is going to be around for a least 2 or 3 years, and once you've got the car, you can totally save another $250 and buy one. The car will be an awesome life experiance, and well video games have affected my life significantly, the Wii is not. Besides, if you wait a bit, the system will be cheaper anyhow.

P.S. Screw that stupid Smurf game. Stupid Hemophiliac Smurfs can't touch anything without dying!

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
The Wii is the poor man's PS3, which is the poor man's Xbox 360.

The Wii is for little kids.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
No way!!! I'm as big a PS nut as your next manly man, but I have total faith in Nintendo. The Gamecube rocked! Granted, it did not feature the in depth, adult playing experiance that the other consoles did, but it was awesome in its own right. Smash Brothers and Windwaker were incredible. Plus, the virtual console is going to be like, the best thing ever. I don't think I even have to go into how much the other Nintendo consoles kicked ***. I know emulators are free, but I am still mightly excited to play all my old favorites on a TV. Not to mention the new controller. I know it seems funky, but so did the N64 controller when I first saw it.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I want a Wii (but then again, I have a car.) I'm 32, if that matters. But hey, I just spent almost $700 just to be able to play a game that's being released this week on PC.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
The Wii is only, what, $250 American?

The car you're considering must be a bit of a bomb.

Not that I can really afford either right now. But yeah, I plan on getting a Wii, if only for Zelda.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Go for the car. A car will give you freedom, while the stupid game thingo will suck up your free time and make you a slave to the pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.