PDA

View Full Version : My first rejection!

jbal
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
At least I'm pretty sure it is. My wife called me today to let me know I had a letter from me to me. So now I'm all excited, and I have to get a frame. Woo hoo!
I'll edit this post later if there's anything interesting in there.

HorrorWriter
10-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Jbal,
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is a request for a partial since they seemed to have lost your e-mail address? Anyway, if it is just keep querying. Good luck!:)

jbal
10-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Jbal,
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is a request for a partial since they seemed to have lost your e-mail address? Anyway, if it is just keep querying. Good luck!:)
No, it's just a short. I haven't started querying on the novel yet. Thanks for the good wishes!

awatkins
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Good luck!

Haggis
10-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Well, hell, jbal. The New Yorker hardly takes anything the first time you submit. :D Here's hoping it's not a rejection. But if it is, turn it around today. I know that story has a home waiting for it.

jbal
10-31-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, hell, jbal. The New Yorker hardly takes anything the first time you submit. :D Here's hoping it's not a rejection. But if it is, turn it around today. I know that story has a home waiting for it.
Oh, I'm sure it's a rejection. But that by itself feels pretty good. I started submitting about three months ago and this is the first thing I've heard back from anyone. Thanks for the encouragement. I know I can count on my horror peeps to have my back.

Freckles
10-31-2006, 02:28 AM
Good luck...it's hard to get that first rejection, but it does get easier! :)

K1P1
10-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Rejection? That means you're doing the right thing - submitting!

Jack_Roberts
10-31-2006, 06:49 PM
WAY TO GO!

My it be the first of many, and then you get a huge tasty acceptance!

Bubastes
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on your first rejection! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You've already gone farther than most writer wannabes by getting your work out there. Good luck, and keep submitting!

Birol
10-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Congratulations on achieving this milestone, Jbal!

Shadow_Ferret
10-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Well?

What it a rejection? What did it say? Inquiring minds want to know.

Melina
10-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Way to go, jbal! Now, on to the next market!

Mom'sWrite
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Congratulations jbal! Go get 'em tiger!:D

CaroGirl
10-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey! Where'd the update go? Ah well, onward and upward.

jbal
11-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Well?

What it a rejection? What did it say? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ok, ok, geez. I'm off work today, which means I have to go to the library just to post this (and get something to read).
Twas certainly a rejection, of the xerox form variety. I'm getting a frame tomorrow when I get paid, and a new file cabinet for the ones I'll continue to collect. So I consider this good progress. And the best part was at the top of the page: "Dear Author". That's right, Author with a capital A. I had gotten as far as "writer" in thinking about myself, so my status has been elevated.

Thanks for all the positive vibes, you folks are the greatest, seriously.

Del
11-01-2006, 03:44 AM
And the best part was at the top of the page: "Dear Author". That's right, Author with a capital A. I had gotten as far as "writer" in thinking about myself, so my status has been elevated.

ALL RIGHT!!! Congrats on the reject, jbal...and the promotion. :Thumbs:

TrainofThought
11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Twas certainly a rejection, of the xerox form variety. I'm getting a frame tomorrow when I get paid, and a new file cabinet for the ones I'll continue to collect. So I consider this good progress. And the best part was at the top of the page: "Dear Author". That's right, Author with a capital A. I had gotten as far as "writer" in thinking about myself, so my status has been elevated. I can’t wait to get one of these. The next one that comes will say, “Dear Creator”.

It is a step in life, so congratulations.

piscesgirl80
11-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Congrats on the FABULOUS attitude, and on completing this rite of passage. You'll always remember your first....;) And ditto what everyone else has said, you have your work back out in the mailbox, right?

Freckles
11-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh, sorry to hear that, jbal. On to the next one, right? :)

Pat~
11-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Congratulations on this milestone, jbal! Just be sure you save space on your wall for a framed xerox of that first check ;) .

JennaGlatzer
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
You're fun, jbal. I like you. :D

Congrats, and may your road to publication be adventurous and not too long!

KTC
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh Jay-Ball! It could not have happened to a nicer guy! Congratulations!

Seriously...Sorry to hear about it...but I mean it when I say congratulations. Putting yourself out there is what it is all about. Not receiving a rejection could mean that you are not submitting. It's nice to hear that you're putting some chum in the water. You will get a bite eventually. Good luck and keep submitting. And when you're finish submitting...submit some more.