Do UK agents accept foreign clients?

Moonfish

Registered
Reaction score
There is a thread here dealing with a similar question to mine, but I dare pose mine anyway since the existing thread is about Canada and the US.

Would a UK agent consider having someone from outside the UK as a client? I live in such a small country in Europe that we have no agents, and I am merely curious to know if it would ever be possible for me to obtain an agent in the UK. And of course, in that case I'd be writing in English.

roger

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rogersplog.blogspot.com
I know a writer from New Zealand, resident in New Zealand, who has a London-based agent. The agent recently got her a deal with Picador.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I am Canadian and have a UK agent. I did get her while living in the UK, but only a few months later I moved back to Canada, and she knew I was going to. Seems to be working out fine.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Certainly. I am a (naturalised) German citizen and got a UK agent while living in Germany. No problem whatsoever, as long as your English is perfect.

Moonfish

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick replies! We'll see, I have never tried writing anything in English so far, but it's always fun to toy with the idea. At least now I know that my place of residence will be no obstacle to my daydreams!