Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Premise-
Zombies versus the Vampires- It's all out war in the cemetary after dark, and we're telling the story, helter-skelter style. :)

You may switch POVs/characters/sides as often as necessary to move the story. Either side may recruit allies from any other film or literary monster or class of monsters. The prompt ends when: One side is destroyed or surrenders, both sides are destroyed, both sides form an alliance and attack some other group, or we get sick and tired of the whole idea and put it out of its misery. At the end of the prompt, we'll take a poll and award a special Signature line: AW Horror Forum Prince/Princess of Prompt. The title is permanent, or until you decide to delete it.

NOTE: The battle need not be contained to the cemetary. It can spill out into the streets, schools, or Wal-mart.

Rules of Engagment-
Beginning with my first prompt post, add a maximum of two sentences per post.You have a list of Key Words and Phrases to chose from. They can be found below in bold. Use at least one Key Word or Phrase from the list. Key words are subject to change without notice. You may also invent names for characters if needed, or use the names of Horror Regulars or SUPER MODS (including Queen Jenna). Characters need NOT be either Vamp or zombie. They can be human heroes (or breakfast), arms merchants, hostage negotiators, or members of other assorted professions, occupations, or allied monster classed. (No nukes, Anthrax, or other WMDs allowed. Zombies eat them for lunch, anyway.)

IMPORTANT:
Stick with the theme of the prompt. No hitting below the belt, insulting your peers, or flame throwing (added that last for the benefit of stragglers who happen upon the game by accident. If the prompt is deemed inappropriate by the judge (me) it will deleted and you may submit a new prompt as soon as it's your turn, again. No back-to back posts allowed. Each poster must wait until three new posts have been added before he or she may post again. I reserve the right to bend this rule in order to ensure the prompt doesn't stall out before completion.

Key words and phrases for first round-
quagmire, burp, loggerhead, Pig Lord(s), incorrigible, scythe, cheese, exponentially, duel, lanced, Mistress, Lord, King, Queen, Court Jester, Glock, tuna, leaf blower, plasma television, grave (yard), cemetary, Orlando Bloom, Mac-alicious, Gory-Lori, Charlie-on-a-Harley, Mike-on-a-spike, Dawno's Fault, Spank Frank, Beer keg, Lime Jello, hammer-drill, Bunny Tracks Ice Cream.

Super Mods-
CHunkyC, Macallister, Birol, Rilrtyarms, Dawno, Queen Jenna, Eraser, Fahim, CWatkins

Optional Ally/monster classes- (or use your own)
Lupine Lushes (werewolves) Egg-sucking Gator People, Fish-Men, Cyclops Amazon Warriors, Krispy Creme Demons, Fearless Vampyre Hunters Local 665 1/2, Cheesy Greaseys (slime monsters that smell like limburger) Bridge Trolls, Feeble Sock Puppets,

Sign up will continue through Saturday evening, but I will post the opneing prompt as soon as we have four players.

Points awarded for contributions. Style points awarded for plot development, effective use of dark humor, romantic entaglemtns, body counts and creative carnage, bad puns, and battlefield (cemetary) generalship.

Liam

Last edited:

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I fully get this but it sounds like fun. The downside is my time here is inconsistent since I'm at work. But if there's no schedule involved I want in. Please delete this post if this is where the prompt is supposed to go.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
I'm not sure if I fully get this but it sounds like fun. The downside is my time here is inconsistent since I'm at work. But if there's no schedule involved I want in. Please delete this post if this is where the prompt is supposed to go.

No schedule, and the less restrictions on the prompt, the more freedom to create whatever we like. We're telling a story, helter-skelter style. :)
Your work schedule is no issuse, J. You're in.

The actual Prompt will show up in a different thread.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I'll get the hang of it. You're another ghost, eh Liam?

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorta, kinda. ;)

I'll be away from the forum for a few hours. If we have enough people to start when I return, I'll fire the first volley, tonight.

Safe journeys, all.

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm game. Oh, but I'm not so gamey since my shower last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I'm game. Oh, but I'm not so gamey since my shower last week.

Hey...where did THAT come from? The cut-n-paste beast is running rampant tonight. Youre in, SW. I'll be back in a few hours.

Last edited:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, Liam. I'll sign up right after Spooky.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I already signed up.

No sh!t, Sherlock. I meant I'm signing my name underneath yours. ;)

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The more, the merrier :)

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, me too!