This is so silly but . . .

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
My agency has put me up in the news section of their website referring to my Greek book sale (see the thread 'But I don't speak Italian" for more details). Is it just super silly of me to be so supremely excited by this? I check their website all the time and always wished I could be an announcement of some kind. Well, now I am!! If anyone is interested (because I know you all are) you can check it out at www.darleyanderson.com and click on the news section. I'm in the second article about Frankfurt (I'm Adrienne by the way).

Gosh I feel silly, but really happy!!:D

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Not silly at all, of course it's exciting to know that other people are as enthused about your book as you are!:Thumbs:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute, is this YOU?

Highlights included a substantial pre-empt from the Italians for new children's author Adrienne Kress's Alex and the Ironic Gentleman and a heated Greek auction which started at the fair and concluded the following week with a record breaking advance for three books - the largest the agency has ever had in this territory.

I'd be screaming this from the heights! Super-congratulations!

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
Nah, not silly at all. (It would actually be a bit strange if your weren't excited.)

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Ha you guys are all so funny! Thanks for all the congrats again. I mean, the exciting things are the book deals to be sure (which were, I assure you, celebrated most entirely), but what I am even more excited about is the fact that I am finally on my agent's website, after having signed with them in April. That's why I feel silly, shouldn't that be kind of. . . I dunno secondary?

You guys all totally rock!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Success is to be savored. Congratulations, and enjoy!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Toothpaste said:
...but what I am even more excited about is the fact that I am finally on my agent's website, after having signed with them in April. That's why I feel silly, shouldn't that be kind of. . . I dunno secondary

Public recognition from people you respect is very, very gratifying. Not silly at all.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! That article was about a Frankfurt book fair. Does that mean you might have a German version of your book too?

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
You are definitely not super silly, but I sure am super delighted to hear your news. That's just fantastic.

CONGRATULATIONS, Toothpaste! :D

Sury

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hey, I was bouncing off the walls when we sold our first foreign rights to Bulgaria and our agent showed it in their "News" section! It's not silly at all to be excited. Congratulations (especially on the "substantial pre-empt" part!!) :hooray:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Silly?! Pfft! Positive exposure is a wunnerful thing. Congratulations!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, it isn't silly. That's great news!

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Aw guys!! Okay. I won't feel silly. Or at least I will revel in my silliness!! Ha ha!

Oarsman, the Frankfurt book fair is just a really big book fair that happens to take place in Germany. No such rights with said country yet. Not that I'm complaining, I am perfectly content with the Mediterannean right now.