"It's Not The Economy, Stupid."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=2609034&page=1

or the phrase that may well outlive him: "It's the economy, stupid." Actually, what he said, or wrote during Bill Clinton's 1992 campaign, was "The economy, stupid."

Carville hoped to keep campaign workers focused on a huge issue, the faltering economy under President George H.W. Bush.

Now, 14 years later, the former president's son presides over a fairly healthy economy. But, to steal from the late Rodney Dangerfield, he "don't get no respect."

The most recent ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that 55 percent of Americans believe the economy is in good shape. And registered voters rank the economy as the second most important issue in the campaign.

So, if Americans, including registered voters, feel the economy is important and healthy, why are Republicans doing so badly in the polls, and why do 60 percent disapprove of Bush's job performance?

Excellent article.

My gift to you.

Enjoy the entire thing.

And let me be the first to congratulate to all my liberal friends on taking back control of Congress.

God speed and good luck.

We're all counting on you.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
We're all counting on you.

Do you know what it's like..to fall in the mud..and get kicked....in the head...with an iron boot?

Of course you don't. No one does.

It never happens.

It's a dumb question.

Reaction score
Don't let me, or more importantly, the country down, Gaffer.

Please.

Thank you.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
It's all good, thrills.

I've appointed A-Rod to run Homeland Security.

Cool.

Hopefully, he'll be able to choke off a few of those problem areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.