Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
This is another case of a kid who saw a toy he liked in one of those games with the crane, couldn't get it out, then climbed inside the machine and got stuck. There seems to be a slew of these recently.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061024/ap_on_fe_st/toy_toddler

What's really weird about this one is that firemen eventually ended up passing a screwdriver to the kid, and this three-year-old kid used the screwdriver to get himself out of the machine! :Wha:

In 20 or so years, I might be driving the cars this kid designs. Or at least playing the arcade games he designs. ;)

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I read this today at work on the AP wire. I couldn't believe it, but then again, now that I think about it, I could see my little girl doing the same thing, lol. She loves those machines.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh this one had me laughing hard. (since the kid is OK that is)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
P.H.Delarran said:
Oh this one had me laughing hard. (since the kid is OK that is)

This is such bullcrap (no offense, it just is). These machines have a backboard that locks in place to keep you from reaching up and taking toys. Anyone who could get in could get out through the same route.

This story is as real as Nessie or Bigfoot.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Are you sure the machine didn't eat the kid?

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
How the heck do they get in there???? After I saw this on the news, I have stopped at several of them and can't see how a child can squeeze in there.

I guess another option to getting him out is to just put in some quarters and have the claw grab him/her and drop her in the exit chute. LOL

Reaction score
I remember when Skippy was 8 and he got his head caught in the bannister.

I also remember when Skippy was 11 and he got his head caught in the bannister.

And I also remember when Skippy was 17 and....yep...he got his head caught in the bannister.

And each time, Mr. and Mrs. Handleman got him out.

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Animal Rights faction would have a field day if Skippy was still on the go.

Skippy was a disposable commodity. I remember an interview with one of the actors fondly recalling how Skippy was put up a tree with a harness and crane. When he pointed out to the producers that kangaroos didn't climb trees, he was told that Skippy most certainly does. And if Skippy fell and broke his neck? No problem, Skippy number 55 was waiting for such an opportunity to show what he could do.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Madonna is now adopting the kid claiming he will have a better life with her than with stuffed animals and cheap plastic toys. She will be on Oprah next week to discuss how badly she's been treated by the media, and to urge a ban on the vending machine industry so no other children will have to go through the humiliation of being picked up by a tiny little crane.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
I read this article in the paper this morning, smiled to myself because of the look on his little face, as if he knew he did something wrong.

Becky Writes

Go Tarheels!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccawrites.com
xhouseboy said:
The Animal Rights faction would have a field day if Skippy was still on the go.

Skippy was a disposable commodity. I remember an interview with one of the actors fondly recalling how Skippy was put up a tree with a harness and crane. When he pointed out to the producers that kangaroos didn't climb trees, he was told that Skippy most certainly does. And if Skippy fell and broke his neck? No problem, Skippy number 55 was waiting for such an opportunity to show what he could do.

Maybe I'm lost, but wasn't Skippy Handleman on Family Ties?

About the kid, he should have at least gotten the Spongebob!

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Becky Writes said:
About the kid, he should have at least gotten the Spongebob!
This was actually debated on a radio show I listened to this morning. (I listen to the cool shows. :D) The host (a former cop) thought the kid shouldn't get the Spongebob because it would teach him the wrong lesson. The producer thought the kid should get the toy. However, both thought that the kid should be made an honorary fireman or something. ;)

Reaction score
A. He should not have gotten the toy. He should have been arrested for trespassing/breaking and entering.
B. He is obviously not cut out to be a firefighter. His aptitude probably lies somewhere in the janitorial arts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh....look who finally shows up days after the Met debacle.

Resisting temptation to give negative rep point. Urge fading...fading... fading..RISING...fading... gone.

I'll check out that other thread to see what people said there. The one I started and abandoned while wallowing.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
Kid's parents make big bucks off the media. Majority of people don't give a crap.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
A. He should not have gotten the toy.
B. He is obviously not cut out to be a firefighter. His aptitude probably lies somewhere in the janitorial arts. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Isn't that sweet.

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Becky Writes said:
Maybe I'm lost, but wasn't Skippy Handleman on Family Ties?

Yeah, but two different Skippys here methinks.

Whenever Skippy is mentioned, it immediately brings to a UK mind Skippy the bush kangaroo. I didn't read the 'Handleman' part of Billy's post, but the antics sounded similar. Skippy the kangaroo also got up to all sorts of high jinks within the household.

Status
Not open for further replies.