Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Behold! Your new Horror mod!

Liam Jackson has kindly volunteered to take over modding the Horror forum, which is a great boon, since he's been totally doing all the heavy-lifting in here for months, anyway. I've been feeling awfully guilty that I just didn't have enough time and attention left over from my other board duties to do justice to this room. You guys are a terrific bunch, and deserve a mod like Liam. He knows his stuff, and he's a hell of a good story-teller, too.
20.gif

Welcome, Liam, and thank you!

Last edited:

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
That's some encouraging news, not that you've done a bad job or anything, Mac. I haven't been around much to participate in the discussions (I came home early today coz I felt sick), but it'd be nice to see things pick up here.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
bsolah, I totally agree. :) Liam would have totally been my first choice, so when he volunteered I was doing cartwheels.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
bsolah, I totally agree. :) Liam would have totally been my first choice, so when he volunteered I was doing cartwheels.

Please send mgp of cartwheels. :D

Great choice, by the way. Liam knows his stuff. I hope you'll poke your head in from time to time too, Mac.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
No worries, Haggis! I'll definitely be around.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, but nothing much changes, folks. Mac has a full plate and it's about to turn into a platter. Since I'm one of the free-ranging mods and I already know the terrain in the horror forum, the assignment just made sense.

There are several forums that are self-modding, and Horror has always been one of them. That's a credit to the writers who frequent the joint.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Liam. I already cowered and groveled at the office.
I look forward to seeing more threads here, so I can live here more of the time. (Not that that has anything to do with the mod as far as I'm aware). oops, I'm rambling again

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Liam. Since you are our official new moderator, I think the suits should grant you some slack regarding that little bloody typist of yours. To me, it seems only natural that a horror mod should be able to display that proudly in his sig line, year round.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jbal. This is a no-grovel zone, anyway. (Except when one of the Supers show up, and then it's me doing the groveling.)

Haggis, as for the tortured little typist, that's actually an animated self-portrait. When it first appeared last year, someone expressed wounded sensibilities. We didn't actually ban the little guy, but we did shelve him. Jenna graciously alllowed the short reprieve for Halloween. Beyond that...we'll see. He does seem to be the perfect house mascot.

Delarege- Thank you, though several may disagree that I'm usually "reasonable and diplomatic." Maybe I'm just on my best behavior around other horror hounds. And congrats on the 100+ posts! Participation makes the forum go 'round!

Last edited:

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
Liam Jackson said:
Haggis, as for the tortured little typist, that's actually an animated self-portrait. When it first appeared last year, someone expressed wounded sensibilities. We didn't actually ban the little guy, but we did shelve him. Jenna graciously alllowed the short reprieve for Halloween. Beyond that...we'll see. He does seem to be the perfect house mascot.
The tortured typist kills me. I LMAO every time I see it. I hope he gets to stay. :D

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
Andre_Laurent said:
The tortured typist kills me. I LMAO every time I see it. I hope he gets to stay. :D

I might appreciate it had I not experienced my father's faceless body dying in my lap or the woman whose face was wrapped around the A-pillar of her 300Z or the face of the little dead girl I found in a wreck on I-95.

It's not so bad. It's a cartoon. I can relate to the underlying humor. There are some really intense triggers I deal with almost daily. Don't take him away on my account. He can stay. I mean, this is horror, right? I put a lot of those memories into my book so who am I to complain, but I wouldn't miss him.

I'm sorry for being the bummer but I needed the other side to have equal time.

Last edited:

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Congrats, Liam! You've been doing a great job in here.

Mac, I haven't been around much either, but when I do get the chance to visit the horror forum, I miss seeing you around. We had some great discussions in here when our plates weren't so full. ;)

:Hug2: :Hug2: Double hugs to you both!

Andre_Laurent

Registered
Reaction score
Delarege said:
I might appreciate it had I not experienced my father's faceless body dying in my lap or the woman whose face was wrapped around the A-pillar of her 300Z or the face of the little dead girl I found in a wreck on I-95.

It's not so bad. It's a cartoon. I can relate to the underlying humor. There are some really intense triggers I deal with almost daily. Don't take him away on my account. He can stay. I mean, this is horror, right? I put a lot of those memories into my book so who am I to complain, but I wouldn't miss him.

Holy ****. I guess if I had seen those things I wouldn't like him either. Point taken.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Delarege said:

Point taken, Delarege. I spent time in the military and as a law enforcement officer, working in a variety of capacities in which trauma was a regular occurance. As the old saying goes, "if I had a nickel for every time I witnessed (or was the poster child) for *Insert name of gory event here*..."

Yeah, it's a cartoon, meant to convey a sense of frustration. It's also a tad on the graphic side. Maybe it's the shade of red.:)

I'm not insensitive to people who have certain trigger points. If this was a television program, you could simply turn the channel. As it is, you're subjected to the little guy everytime you log into the room. Or any room I drift into. We'll send him back to the closet until the next Halloween. And trust me when I say I'm not doing this just because you commented. A few other folk have issues with the... shade of red.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Liam, Liam he's are man. If he can't do it - we're dooomed!

Congrats Liam. It seems like a natural fit; you've been there for us time and time again. I didn't realize that we were running around without adult supervision. Mac, you must have set the bar.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Liam, I'm tickled pink (from the last beating Mac gave me :D ) and thrilled you're the new mod here. I couldn't think of a better person and we'll have a great time for the next several full moons coming up with all kinds of horrible things to do to Haggis.

I would love to see this forum more active as with SYW and will post a short sometime so folks can ripe and tear at my flesh while I moan for more

Congrats! I think we'll have a great forum.

I'll also miss Mac here, but as I know she'll be around to keep the riffraff in line.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Liam, I'm tickled pink (from the last beating Mac gave me :D ) and thrilled you're the new mod here. I couldn't think of a better person and we'll have a great time for the next several full moons coming up with all kinds of horrible things to do to Haggis.

I would love to see this forum more active as with SYW and will post a short sometime so folks can ripe and tear at my flesh while I moan for more

Congrats! I think we'll have a great forum.

I'll also miss Mac here, but as I know she'll be around to keep the riffraff in line.

Mac will still be all over the place, including horror. When I said her "full plate" was about to become a platter, I should have also added, "...and it'll need side boards." She's a hellhound by nature, so you wouldn't be able to keep her away from here with a six-pack of holy water and bushel basket of sharpened stakes.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Delarege said:
I'm good.:Thumbs:

How is your name pronounced, Liam? I can think of a few ways dependent on geographical position.

Think Lee'-um" or Lee'-em.

Here in the South, I get everything from Lamb, Lum, Limb, Lee-'Am, etc...

I've tried several times to trade first names with my brothers (Paul, John, Cliff, James) but no takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.