Strange Pet Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Right now my cat, Poke, is sleeping on the closed toilet lid. That’s new.

My other cat, Catcher, loves carrots. If I’m chopping carrots for any reason he’ll come running, even from a dead sleep, to watch me through squinty eyes while I chop them up. Then he’ll sit next to me and gaze at me while I eat them. Then he’ll go back to bed. He’s fascinated with them. He doesn’t play with them or try to eat them. He just stares. Why? I don’t know.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cats love to watch humans works. Sometimes, such as when someone is wrapping Christmas presents, they like to help!

Both of the Russian Blues I've had have loved to play fetch, just like a dog. Throw a ball, they'd bring it back. Throw it again, they'd bring it back.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
When I throw things, my cats just look at me like I'm crazy.

Maybe I should stop yelling when I do it?

(Kidding!)

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
My three just did a Zero-to-Crazy-in-Under-Two-Seconds. All three of them, zooming all around the house tackling each other. Up and down the steps sounding like a herd of elephants, all poofed up and skidding across the furniture. Weirdos!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
In California that's called an "Earthquake Early Warning System."

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My cat sits and watches me while I'm in the bathroom. No other time just while I'm in there getting ready or other wise. The freak.

And If I didn't lock the door my kids would come in one by one and just chat with me, my husband too.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
dclary said:
That or stop throwing cats.

Reminds me of a joke.

It's English, so it might not translate so well.

Guy standing at a bus stop eating his fish and chips. A woman walks up with one of those faffy little yappy dogs, complete with a diamond collar and crocodile skin leash. By convenient happenstance, she too is waiting for the bus. As they stand waiting the dog is jumping up at the guy's leg, and begging for food.

Eventually the guy looks down, then at the woman.

"Mind if I throw you dog a bit?" he asks.

"Not at all," replies she.

Where upon, he bends down, picks up the dog and hurls it down the street.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
wordmonkey said:
Reminds me of a joke.

It's English, so it might not translate so well.

Guy standing at a bus stop eating his fish and chips. A woman walks up with one of those faffy little yappy dogs, complete with a diamond collar and crocodile skin leash. By convenient happenstance, she too is waiting for the bus. As they stand waiting the dog is jumping up at the guy's leg, and begging for food.

Eventually the guy looks down, then at the woman.

"Mind if I throw you dog a bit?" he asks.

"Not at all," replies she.

Where upon, he bends down, picks up the dog and hurls it down the street.

Uh... Anyone wanna translate this for me?

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
When my cat was a kitten she would chase her tail. Just wave it in front of her and she would go after it.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Day two: cat still sleeping on toilet lid. Expresses dismay when moved him to use toilet. Glares at me while I do my business. Quite unsettling. Resumes toilet-lid sleeping once toilet is again vacant. Wonder if cat knows something about toilet that I don't.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
My cat is fascinated by the piano (I can barely play when the cats around, he's always adding in an extra note or 50) and he likes to eat mandarin oranges, but only when he's in the shower with someone (dont ask, even I don't know about that one)

As for Poke, perhaps he's a secret feline spy who's been assigned to sit back and observe the enemy- carrots, in this case.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My bunny plays with blocks. he likes me to build block towers so he can knock them down.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
My cat has many strange afflictions

She loves canteloupe, Broccoli and Cheeze Its. and most table foods
She will sit at my feet at the dining table, prance on my feet and beg like a dog until I put a plate down for her.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Day Three of Toilet Stakeout. Strange development: Poke felt safe to abandon toilet when spouse returned home from work. Took up toilet-seat lookout once again when husband left for work. Suspect alliance between cat and spouse regarding toilet-guarding. Have strategy to lure cat from toilet using Special Food. Will evaluate the toilet in detail while Poke distracted with Fancy Feast. Will reporting findings. Over.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poke's Diary, Day 3:

The experiment is working perfectly. Subject is beginning to feel that "creepy feeling" when entering bathroom. Addition of Glaring and Looking Annoyed when removed from lid has had expected results. I suspect the next response will be to lure me with food.

Will report on progress.

Poke to mothership, out.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
When our beagle was a pup, we thought she might have dropped on her head before we got (she was after we got her, but that's a different story). I would see her circling a spot of carpet dragging her nose towards a central point, before sidling around and dragging her nose again.

Then she went to fetch a milkbone, came back and started clawing at this spot on the carpet. Finally seeming happy, she dropped the milkbone and began the circle - nose drag thing again.

We realized she was "burying" the milkbone.

We could sit and watch her do this for a good twenty minutes, then she'd look up, obviously very pleased with herself, and we'd point and say, "I can still see it!" at which point she'd get huffy and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.