I'm a professional!

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Ok, get your minds out of the gutter. I have the bestest news EVER! Well, maybe not ever, but the bestest news today. I have been offered the position of rewriter for Seven Seas Entertainment. I will be rewriting the Gun Princess series of Light Novels.

What's a rewriter? Well, the Light Novels are heavily illustrated, short novels from Japan. SSE has the rights to the English translation, and well, when they're translated, they read like the person who wrote them is Japanese. You know how things don't translate directly. They kind of read like an overdubbed Kung Fu movie.

My job is going to be to take these books and make them read like American English (ok, better than that :) ). I like to rewrite, and I think I'm a pretty fair editor. I guess I am, since the sample I sent got me the job.

For this I will be paid a handsome $750 per book. Which, right now, is a HUGE help to my household.

Now, if they decide to pick up my series for their new children's imprint, which they've told me will be paper-over-board hardcover (if they take it) I'll be GOLDEN.

So I'm doin' the Happy Dance!

This has been a strange kismet kind of deal - they don't take submissions, and my contact with the company began because someone that works there found my blog, of all things. My BLOG!

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good Lawd, what excellent news! Congrats!
The power of blogs. Incredible, uh?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's awesome. You know that rewriting and editing really bad writing would make the average person run screaming from the room? I, like you, LOVE to do junk like that. I'm a tech writer, after all. Wouldn't you just love to make jargon-filled, tech speak documents actually make sense!?

I know you'll be great at that, and big CONGRATULATIONS! to you.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Woo hoo, that's fabulous news! That actually sounds like a lot of fun (like CaroGirl, I love to do stuff like that -- turning Japanese Engrish into American English is a big part of my work too!). You're going to do great. That is SO cool that they found you through your blog! Way to go!

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Christine, that's awesome. A lot of us would love that job!;) I'm sooo happy for you, and it's incredible your blog helped you land it.:Thumbs:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
That's completely awesome! Congratulations!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Christine - Congratulations! Hope the whole series goes really well AND the take your work too.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I like money. Money is good. Well done.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Fantastic news! Congrats

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Christine!! I hope it turns into even more $$ and they pick up your series!