Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
In Florida, several youth league football games for the Port St. John Rockets were forfeited because some of the parents started abusing officials verbally. (The parents were upset when an official said a hard hit on a player's back was OK. Keep in mind that this is a league where 9- and 10-year-old kids play.) Officials refused to appear unless they were guarded by police. The league ordered the games forfeited to send a message to both the parents and their children. (Two of the teams were able to move on to the next round.) Here's a link.

Yikes. I feel sorry for those kids! On the one hand, I can understand parents being upset because they want to be behind their kids. But verbally abusing the officials enough to lead to a forfeit is going too far. :( And it certainly gives kids the wrong impression!

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
The Officials are wimps. Punch the parent and ban the kid. End of problem.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No, I think we should just let the parents go to bed without any supper. :D The kids didn't swear, so maybe we can give them all punching bags? :tongue

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
This is surprising, given that a parent PULLED A GUN on a coach of a 6-year-old Pee Wee football team this weekend -- over playing time for his son?

There is no civility in our society anymore. We hurtle excitedly toward anarchy.

I play my fiddle.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
This is surprising, given that a parent PULLED A GUN on a coach of a 6-year-old Pee Wee football team this weekend -- over playing time for his son?

There is no civility in our society anymore. We hurtle excitedly toward anarchy.

I play my fiddle.

If you give stupid people the right to carry a gun they will carry a gun.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dclary said:
I heard about that on the news -- this morning, I think. What a nut.
:crazy:

dclary said:
Heck, even anarchy is getting scared and running from us. :)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
This is why it's always good to have one smoker as a friend. Where else do you get matches?

I mean seriously.

Could a non-smoker find matches within 30 minutes of being asked for some? Without a trip to the Wal-Mart or Sport Chalet?

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
This is why it's always good to have one smoker as a friend. Where else do you get matches?

I mean seriously.

Could a non-smoker find matches within 30 minutes of being asked for some? Without a trip to the Wal-Mart or Sport Chalet?

I can't but matches in an airport. I've lost three lighters in a month and all those fvckers do is try to sell me anothet lighter. Damn you terrorists!

bloemmarc

Fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
I used to run a scoreboard for some littleleague girls and boys basketball games, and the parents were the rudest sorts of people around. I got yelled at by some parents once because they said the other team was getting the ball to much, at the end of halfs, timouts or whatever. I don't remember all the rules anymore, but they didn't either, and I did at the time.

I saw another parent yell at his son to wke up, and was really angry at him. His son was 8. There was more to rudeness, but i forgot. Whatever happened to the kids just having fun, win or lose?

dclary said:

I play my fiddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.