O.J Simpson to pen book about murders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Could it be true? How should I know? Wasn't he found innocent, anyway?

O.J. SIMPSON TO PEN BOOK TITLED ‘IF I DID IT’: Tabloid claims former NFL star’s murder account will be “hypothetical.”

The National Enquirer has a detailed report about an upcoming book by O.J. Simpson that will lay out a “hypothetical” account of the murders of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

According to the tabloid, Simpson has been paid $3.5 million to write the book, tentatively titled “If I Did It.”

The first portion of the work reportedly details Simpson’s early relationship with Nicole, and how the marriage eventually collapsed. According to the Enquirer, the book goes on to describe the double murder in scenes described as “hypothetical.” However, the tabloid notes that the descriptions are “so detailed and so chillingly realistic” that readers are left with little doubt as to what really happened.

Due to double jeopardy laws, Simpson can never be retried for the murders, and the Enquirer claims that he plans to keep any money made from the book instead of paying it out in a civil suit judgment against him by spending it all quickly.

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur29280.cfm

Keeping Tabs: O.J. Simpson to author book?

O.J. Simpson is in the news again. Well, not the news technically, he’s in the “National Enquirer,” which lands him right square in our nightly celebrity gossip roundup, “Keeping Tabs.”

The “Enquirer” says has signed up to write a book called “If I Did it,” a hypothetical account of the murders of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend, Ron Goldman. If, you know, the murders happened to have been committed by, say, O.J. Simpson. Reportedly he would make a non-hypothetical $3.5 million for the book.

Among the highlights, gruesome, detailed, and say the “Enquirer” “realistic” description of the murders themselves. Simpson’s book, just another in a long literary tradition of books by people wrongly accused of killing someone they loved who’s speculating, in print, at length and graphic detail about how they would have brutally stabbed the person they loved, hypothetically.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15236975/

Reaction score
I'm going to write a book which proves that I, myself, Scarlet Q. Peaches, am JACK THE RIPPER!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the money is seized. It's about time the Goldmans and co. saw some of their civil suit money.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Not even a penny of it. His football pension is protected.

Reaction score
I don't get it. How can money make up for the loss of a loved one? And if it's not about the money, it's the 'principle' of the thing, why sue him?

And how can they demand money from him if he was acquitted after his trial? I mean, is he innocent there, but guilty in a civil court?

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
So who's the publisher?

I'm not paying a subscription to read the whole story, and I damned sure ain't gonna be seen reading the thing in public. I have a reputation to consider, you know. Maybe there's something mentioned in Hustler. I better check it out.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
scarletpeaches said:
I don't get it. How can money make up for the loss of a loved one? And if it's not about the money, it's the 'principle' of the thing, why sue him?

And how can they demand money from him if he was acquitted after his trial? I mean, is he innocent there, but guilty in a civil court?
A jury in civil trials is smaller (9 I think), and they only have to rule by majority, not unanimous decision. I think they sued him just as a way to puclicly have some statement of his guilt. Better than nothing maybe?

And I would think the co-star of the Naked Gun movies would have bags of loot to dole out. Unbelievable that he hasn't coughed up, even though I don't think that was the point.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Here's another question. Why make the book hypothetical? just trying to keep some of the earnings? Since he can't be criminally tried, why not just come out and admit it?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Could it be true? How should I know? Wasn't he found innocent, anyway?

No. It is well established that OJ was found "smarter than the jury of single-celled organisms who evaluated his case."

This is not the same as innocent.

For the record, U.S. Law does not have an "innocent" setting. You're either guilty, or not guilty. And not guilty (ESPECIALLY in California, with celebrities) very rarely resembles innocent, except in the eyes of the law.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
;) What...? And miss out on the invites to play golf and party hardy?
He would not and never will admit to any wrong doing. Not his style. I find it interesting, (well not real interesting), that anyone would ever want to be seen with him in public. Just like being seen with M. Jackson...(chills running...) Just MHO

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
The sad thing is he will make millions from curiosity, but I’m a firm believer in ‘what comes around goes around’. Some day, not necessarily in the same fashion, his day will come.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
writerterri said:
Wicked people who do wicked acts will die a wicked death.
So what are you really trying to tell us? That OJ will become juiced up and wacked like Nicole?

Reaction score
Fred Goldman is going to kill O.J. one day.

I don't know when. I don't know how.

But this book might be the final straw.

And I'll tell ya what....

If I'm sitting on the Fred Goldman jury, I'm acquiting him.

ETA: I'm very excited to read excerpts of the book online in news reports after it's published.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Fred Goldman is going to kill O.J. one day.

I don't know when. I don't know how.

But this book might be the final straw.

And I'll tell ya what....

If I'm sitting on the Fred Goldman jury, I'm acquiting him.

Okay, me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.