PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a "my job sucks" thread?

Carole
10-20-2006, 12:33 AM
My job doesn't actually suck, but it sure is frustrating sometimes. Yesterday I posted a snippet from an email I received that nearly drove me crazy.

Today, everyone in the company received an email slapping us on the wrists for using alternative fonts. Part of it says:

In addition, any and all use of email stationery, quotes/tags, logos/images, colors, links and fonts other than Arial should be immediately discontinued.

Their email was written in Times New Roman 12 pt.

What frustrates you about your job?

SpookyWriter
10-20-2006, 12:37 AM
My job doesn't actually suck, but it sure is frustrating sometimes. Yesterday I posted a snippet from an email I received that nearly drove me crazy.

Today, everyone in the company received an email slapping us on the wrists for using alternative fonts. Part of it says:

In addition, any and all use of email stationery, quotes/tags, logos/images, colors, links and fonts other than Arial should be immediately discontinued.

What frustrates you about your job?I don't have a job, so you're lucky...how about we trade places for a couple months??? :D

Kate Thornton
10-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Although I am very lucky to have this job, it's sorta in my field and pays well, I am in a cubicle farm (not a very nice one, either - it's dirty here and smells funny and there are bugs) and it is lonely. That's why I talk to you guys so much.

tiny
10-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I kinda hang with spooky here. I just had to quit my job because of my own stupid actions and I'd really love to be able to go back. So, right now, I can't do the my job sucks thing, but I sympathize with you. All jobs suck at one point or another.

Haggis
10-20-2006, 12:51 AM

:ROFL:

I think we need more than a thread. How about a forum?

Tiger
10-20-2006, 01:07 AM

LOL.

What don't I like about the job? The usual stuff--all stemming from the fact that everybody except me is unskilled, unprofessional and has no appreciation for the fact that I'm always right.

Of course, I'm kidding.

-D

SpookyWriter
10-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I kinda hang with spooky here. I just had to quit my job because of my own stupid actions and I'd really love to be able to go back. So, right now, I can't do the my job sucks thing, but I sympathize with you. All jobs suck at one point or another.Hey what happened to the long message I wrote (in support) a few minutes ago?

Melina
10-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Don't look at me...

tiny
10-20-2006, 01:19 AM
(just admit it)

SpookyWriter
10-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Don't look at me...But you're so pretty. Can I have a wallet size picture to show my friends? :D I'll tell them you're a nun. They believe me, why wouldn't they?

dclary
10-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays.

Melina
10-20-2006, 01:27 AM
But you're so pretty. Can I have a wallet size picture to show my friends? I'll tell them you're a nun. They believe me, why wouldn't they?

Holy mocos, no! Why would I ever want anyone to think I'm a nun?

eldragon
10-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Actually, there's an entire website dedicated to it :

http://officerants.com/

There are some decent posts on the forum.

Hey, I spent 10 years slaving away for Mr. Stephen Wynn - but hearing the story about him putting an elbow through the $139 million Picasso he had just sold - almost paid me back for a month of it.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Unfortunately - I'm sure he was fully insured and will make out like a bandit. (Again.)

SpookyWriter
10-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Holy mocos, no! Why would I ever want anyone to think I'm a nun?Because you get these great discounts at Furrs Cafeteria and nobody would suspect you of stealing a little pie on the way out the door. It's a win-win situation. I like pumpkin pie btw.

allion
10-20-2006, 05:54 AM
I don't mind what I do, although I'm going to apply for a different position next week after my one-year anniversary goes by (we have to stay at one job for a year before you can apply for another one at this same company).

I mind the politics, and the BS, and the backstabbing, and the fact my manager wants to be everyone's friend instead of making decisions.

We had the customary Hallowe'en decoration reminder sent around that basically stuff you can put on your desk is ok, but don't attach anything to the walls, the ceiling, or put up a string of lights (fire hazard, you know). And keep the aisles clear. And don't put up anything messy. It's limiting.

Karen

lovelylife76
10-21-2006, 04:55 AM
my job doesn't exactly suck, because it pays the bill

BradyH1861
10-21-2006, 06:04 AM
I usually do not get frustrated with work. I work pretty much by myself in a fairly secluded area. It is just me, wildlife, and the occasional bad guy. The isolation is actually comforting. The only negative thing is that when something happens, my back up is a loooooooooooooooooooong way off.

tiny
10-21-2006, 06:06 AM
(but you get to pee outside, right?)

BradyH1861
10-21-2006, 06:38 AM
Were you watching me today?

rhymegirl
10-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Well, my job is BORING. But it's easy.

And today my supervisor said "Great job today, Kathy."

So I guess that's not so bad.

TrainofThought
10-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I am grateful for having a job, one that pays the bills, but I hate it. The misery has trickled into all aspects of my life, so it is time to move on. I already told my boss I am gone next year. I am taking a big chance if I don’t have another job by then. If my posts dwindle, you know I lost everything.

SC Harrison
10-21-2006, 07:50 PM
One of the things that frustrates me the most is dealing with the CYA crowd.

You know, they sent you an e-mail three weeks ago that had a coded message imbedded in the text alluding to some future problem, but it can only be understood once the problem has actually occurred, but they can point to said e-mail and claim, "I told you this would happen", which throws the blame for the problem on you instead of them.

Or they do something really, really stupid, and when you call them on their mistake, they say, "You never said anything about not doing that." Which reminds me of George Costanza saying, "Was that wrong? I gotta tell you, if I had known it was against the rules to have sex here at the office, I never would have done it."

This next thing is pretty stupid, but it's frustrating all the same: you page someone on the intercom to call you at a certain number because you desperately need some information. When the phone rings, it's somebody else who heard your page and had a question for you and now they know where you are, so they call before the other person can. Later on, when you ask the first person why they never answered your page, they say, "I did call you but the phone was busy. You shouldn't page someone and then get on the phone before they call back—that's very rude."

Aaaaah!