dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Ford announced that it would be ending production of the Ford Taurus, America's top-selling car from 1992-1997.

The durable, reliable car is scheduled to be replaced by the Ford Pisces, a flighty, emotionally unstable car subject to mood swings and a deep need for attention.

I am fond of the Ford Taurus solely because my father won one on The Price is Right in 1993.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I lost a Ford Focus on the Price Is Right, but I have have 2 very nice Samic guitars with amps sitting in my closet. I also lost a 280 Z, my husband still cries to this day.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I had a friend lose on Password Plus when she brainfarted and interpreted her pictoral clue as "Every cloud has a fur lining."

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I lost a Ford Focus on the Price Is Right, but I have have 2 very nice Samic guitars with amps sitting in my closet. I also lost a 280 Z, my husband still cries to this day.
Those Samick guitars are a cheat! TPIR goes by the retail prices. I saw some Samicks on there the other day. BUT SAMICK GUITARS DO NOT HAVE A RETAIL PRICE! It's up to the dealer to assign pricing, although they do have a minimum you can advertise.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
Those Samick guitars are a cheat! TPIR goes by the retail prices. I saw some Samicks on there the other day. BUT SAMICK GUITARS DO NOT HAVE A RETAIL PRICE! It's up to the dealer to assign pricing, although they do have a minimum you can advertise.

I bid the highest bid on all four products (1900) and won. I know they aren't worth that much but they are nice.

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
I had a Tarus once. It was unlucky because it was hit twice by drivers not paying attention to the conditions of the roads or what they were doing and not stopping. Then the d**n thing leaked ac fluid inside on my cassettes, which I ended up having to toss. I was so glad to get rid of it!

I was on Bowling For Dollars once, and interviewed by the media twice for the evening news, does that count?

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I'm still driving mine. Yes, over 120,000 miles and still running with little (knock on wood... hey, wood!) problems. It's a 1991.

I really want a new car, but this one's reliable, roomy... and I can't afford a new one.

Kind of like anything made by Honda, this is a pretty good car.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Ford announced that it would be ending production of the Ford Taurus, America's top-selling car from 1992-1997.

The durable, reliable car is scheduled to be replaced by the Ford Pisces, a flighty, emotionally unstable car subject to mood swings and a deep need for attention.

I am fond of the Ford Taurus solely because my father won one on The Price is Right in 1993.

Not incidentally, the same day the Anti-Christ was conceived.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I bid the highest bid on all four products (1900) and won. I know they aren't worth that much but they are nice.
No, I'm saying that you have to guess the retail price, but there is no retail price. So what is TPIR going by when you guess these prices? What a gyp. Nothing wrong with Samicks though, they make about 2/3 of the world's guitars, mostly for other companies which will remain nameless.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
:cry:

I've owned two cars, and both have been Taurus's.

The '89 was scrapped after nine years of faithful service because my dad thought he could drive it from King of Prussia, PA to Lewes, DE after a fender bender. Didn't realize that the coolant tank was cracked and he burned up the engine.

I got my '96 GL in 1998, and have had her ever since. She'll be passing the 150,000 mile mark in a month or so.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
As long as we're talking about this I just want to register my esteem for the '90 Honda Accord. gets over 30 mpg, minimal maintenance and about to hit 200,000 miles.

Eveningsdawn

Just Sing.
Registered
Reaction score
Not the Ford Taurus! Not my baby!

I love my Taurus. It's a boat and it's not that great with gas, but it can fit eight teenagers - including me, driving - without issue. It's a '98 with over 100,000 miles on it. I love it...

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
As long as we're talking about this I just want to register my esteem for the '90 Honda Accord. gets over 30 mpg, minimal maintenance and about to hit 200,000 miles.

May I add that my 1992 Corolla has over 200,000 KM and runs reliably, also with regular maintenance?

My cousin had a 1991 Taurus wagon. The transmission died when they were on a road trip to Pennsylvania. That ended up being a very expensive vacation for them.

We now return to our regular Taurus thread.

Karen

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
allion said:
May I add that my 1992 Corolla has over 200,000 KM and runs reliably, also with regular maintenance?

My cousin had a 1991 Taurus wagon. The transmission died when they were on a road trip to Pennsylvania. That ended up being a very expensive vacation for them.

We now return to our regular Taurus thread.

Karen

200,000 Km... what is that, like 98 miles?

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm in Wisconsin, my company gives me a beige 98 Taurus to drive. 207,000 miles, last I drove it.

It's a f'ing tank and it's awesome.

My personal car is 00 Jetta and it's a piece of garbage. 72K and five major repairs. Never again.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I have a 98 Taurus that I love. It's roomy, and nearly 150,000 miles later, we haven't had to have any major repairs done to it. I'll be keeping it another year or so probably.

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
200,000 Km... what is that, like 98 miles?

:D

124,274 miles. That doesn't sound so impressive, and now I must hang my head from metric shame.

I dislike metric, but it's what we have up here. Couldn't tell you what kind of gas mileage I get due to the litres thing. All I know is that I am planning on driving the thing into the ground at which time the wheels will fall off.

I'll post pictures when it happens.

Karen

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
My 2002 Saturn SL1 four-door sedan has about 44,000 miles on it. I put about 10 to 20 miles per month on it and sometimes if I go somewhere for something beside groceries I add a few more miles to it. It would give me good gas mileage if I lightened my foot on the gas pedal.

Back when I was really driving, I’ve owned the first Shelby Cobra Mustang, a Datsun 280-Z, two Chevrolet Z-28s.

If they’d kept manufacturing the Z-28s, I’d be in one now.
I’m a sucker for fast cars.

Mom said I would never grow up.
OldSeaCaptain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.