dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Ok, well, maybe not almost finished. In fact, I've only finished 2 chapters. But I'm working on it. The tricky part is that I need to lose like... 100 pounds before I finish it so I can have some nice before-and-after pics.

Anyone else ever consider writing a fitness/lifestyle book?

cree

Registered
Reaction score
Only a tongue-in-cheek one.
I hear the latest craze is chocolate-flavored ginseng. You can follow this by a shot of tequila infused with beta carotene.

OK, I'll stick to fiction. :)
Good luck.

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
Well, my winter sport fitness book can be described in that way. Also, I am in the process of writing a second book on balance exercise.

BTW: I gained 5 pound when I wrote my first book. Too much time spent writing about exercise!;)

Doug Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
I just wrote a proposal, but all the agents agreed; you need to be a doctor or a celebrity to sell a diet book.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
As a personal trainer for 15 years and one of those who train others how to be personal trainers I was going to write a fitness book. But all my mentors told me to write my story of being the expat-personal-trainer in 3 countries instead. So I am.

I have notes for other books I'll write after this one. And I have written over 100 articles for magazines and newspapers.

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
Expatbrat: As someone whose fitness career began in the 1970s, back when Jane Fonda was still smoking dope with Ho Chi Minh, I found your site hilarious!:) Can't wait to see your book!

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Thanks Lisa. Started in the 70’s! Wow! I took a look at your site. I too teach Pilates and am a huge fan of the balls, cables, stability training. I have taught ski fit classes when living in areas closer to the snow (not Thailand).

I like the theme of your book. I surf and have often though about how surfing relates to areas in life. Waiting for the wave, the take off, the next move, the spiritual connection with the ocean (I’ve had dolphins come surf with me a few times), the then the wave closing out and you deciding where/what to do next. Might develop the theme into a short YA book one day? Or not. Ideas are easy it is the getting down to doing it that is that hard bit.

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
Expat, my publisher would LOVE you surfing book idea! She's a small independent, but is really serious about making it work. Let me know if you want more info.

fanatic

Registered
Reaction score
Website
engagingpages.blogspot.com
dclary said:
Ok, well, maybe not almost finished. In fact, I've only finished 2 chapters. But I'm working on it. The tricky part is that I need to lose like... 100 pounds before I finish it so I can have some nice before-and-after pics.

I've thought about it, but don't have the time right now. Besides, I'd have to find a healthcare professional to co-author my book. Lol, I don't think my experience as an non-certified personal trainer and classroom instructor would exactly have people flocking to buy my book.

Best wishes on your diet book (and weight loss). Your post reminds me of Lucy Beale. After conquering her weight loss goal, Beale became a weight loss coach and later co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Weight Loss. Pretty cool stuff, indeed.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:

Dclary?:Shrug: How long does this experiment last?

ShannonC_77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of writing a diet book right now... it's going slow though, I'm about 30 000 words in at the moment.

I've actually thought a lot about doing an ebook, I know some people who sell them and make good money if you do it right. We'll see though, part of me still thinks print is a better option.