Happy birthday to me

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
When you get to be my age, you realize that if you're waiting for someone else to give you a pat on the back, you could be waiting a long time.

So, here's to you, Wordworm! Now you can start looking forward to enjoying those dreamy retirement years, when your biggest problem is remembering whose turn it is to mix the next round of margaritas, and every day brings on the inevitable tough decision between banging a golf ball around for nine holes, puttering around in the garden, or just toddling down to the beach with a good book.

May the words continue to flow through your brain, and may all your sentences be well-punctuated.

Happy birthday, old man.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers to that!
Happy birthday!

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Gee whiz, WW--

You've got to give the rest of us geri's a few minutes to get to it!! We're not as quick as we used to be.

:partyguy:

Happy Birthday!

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
A very Happy Birthday to you and may all your birthday wishes come true

kikonie

Superb member
Registered
Reaction score
the land of 200 cuisines, give or take - yum
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes, Wormie!

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car - both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through.
The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went through a red light." After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again. Again, they went right through. The woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous. At the next intersection,
sure enough, the light was red and they went on through. So, she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred, did you know that we just ran through three red lights in a row? You could have killed us both!"
Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, crap, am I driving?"

Hugs,
Kiko

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
You definitely deserve my 'special cake'

conflagrationcake.gif

Happy Birthday!

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Well, your pair of fives (today) beats pair of fours (tomorrow)... I guess I owe you a Dos Equis in New York, NY.

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
Well, gee whiz—my thanks to all of you. I had no idea a little self-deprecation would go this far. Now I don't feel quite so old.

Now, I'm sure a lot of you are wondering to yourselves: what can I do for old Wordworm on his birthday?

To which I would answer: five years ago I turned 50, and to celebrate the occasion (in part) I composed and performed a song, which I entitled We Didn't Trash Your File, a link for which you will see below in my signature.

So for those who might be wondering if there's anything special you can do for my birthday, I would simply say: take the next four minutes and watch my video. I promise it will make you feel a little bit better—and knowing that you feel a little better will make me feel a little better about growing older.

And that, I believe, is what makes the world go round.

Happy Wordworm Day to you all.

P.S. If my song doesn't make you feel a little bit better, well, I tried my best. But if, by chance, you do feel a little better—you can always let me know by throwing me a rep point. *s*

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red,
Violets are too.
Hope your b-day
Is the best you ever knew!!!

Let's party: :Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: :popcorn: :TheWave: :Cake: and a :banana: in case your hungry!

Hope you have a great day, Wordworm!

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Jeezo! I thought you were ninety the way you were talking! Here. Put your teeth back in and have some cake.

8.gif

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Now wait a minute. I sent you a personal, private happy birthday message by PM this morning a little after 8. Didn't you get it?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For you birthday I just put some candles on the birthday pumpkin and colored some eggs red white and blue cause I figure you're old and confused and won't know any better.

Happy Birthday! I'm off to enjoy the video.

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
I blame it on old age

K1P1 said:
Now wait a minute. I sent you a personal, private happy birthday message by PM this morning a little after 8. Didn't you get it?
Maggie, you are absolutely, positively, undeniably, unequivocally, categorically right, and I am mortified beyond the point of embarrassment. Please accept my most humble apology. I read your wonderful note, made a mental note to answer you, then got distracted and forgot to write to you. Did I mention that I'm getting on in years? I think I heard that one's memory starts to get a little shaky with age. Can I make it up to you with a rep point?