PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday to me

Wordworm
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
When you get to be my age, you realize that if you're waiting for someone else to give you a pat on the back, you could be waiting a long time.

So, here's to you, Wordworm! Now you can start looking forward to enjoying those dreamy retirement years, when your biggest problem is remembering whose turn it is to mix the next round of margaritas, and every day brings on the inevitable tough decision between banging a golf ball around for nine holes, puttering around in the garden, or just toddling down to the beach with a good book.

May the words continue to flow through your brain, and may all your sentences be well-punctuated.

Happy birthday, old man.

cree
10-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Cheers to that!
Happy birthday!

Stew21
10-18-2006, 08:51 PM
happy birthday!

MidnightMuse
10-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Drink up! :)

Happy B-Day:partyguy:

Melina
10-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Gee whiz, WW--

You've got to give the rest of us geri's a few minutes to get to it!! We're not as quick as we used to be.

:partyguy:

Happy Birthday!

jbal
10-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Happy birthday!

Haggis
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
55? Pffttt! You're still a puppy.

Happy birthday, anyhow. :hooray:

SpookyWriter
10-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Happy Birthday old man! I guess you really can't drive 55...:partyguy:

Jongfan
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
A very Happy Birthday to you and may all your birthday wishes come true

aadams73
10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Happy Birthday!!

kikonie
10-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes, Wormie!

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car - both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through.
The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it. I could have sworn we just went through a red light." After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again. Again, they went right through. The woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous. At the next intersection,
sure enough, the light was red and they went on through. So, she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred, did you know that we just ran through three red lights in a row? You could have killed us both!"
Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, crap, am I driving?"

Hugs,
Kiko

JennaGlatzer
10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Wordworm, we would have gotten there! Happy birthday, ya nut. :)

Jack_Roberts
10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Happy B-Day!

Dawno
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
You definitely deserve my 'special cake'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Ebil_Librarian/conflagrationcake.gif

Happy Birthday!

Mom'sWrite
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Happy Birthday!

Enjoy that proper punctuation.

Tiger
10-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, your pair of fives (today) beats pair of fours (tomorrow)... I guess I owe you a Dos Equis in New York, NY.

Cath
10-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey, have a good one!

:Cake:

writerterri
10-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Got cake?

Happy birthday! *blows horn*

Wordworm
10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, gee whiz—my thanks to all of you. I had no idea a little self-deprecation would go this far. Now I don't feel quite so old.

Now, I'm sure a lot of you are wondering to yourselves: what can I do for old Wordworm on his birthday?

To which I would answer: five years ago I turned 50, and to celebrate the occasion (in part) I composed and performed a song, which I entitled We Didn't Trash Your File, a link for which you will see below in my signature.

So for those who might be wondering if there's anything special you can do for my birthday, I would simply say: take the next four minutes and watch my video. I promise it will make you feel a little bit better—and knowing that you feel a little better will make me feel a little better about growing older.

And that, I believe, is what makes the world go round.

Happy Wordworm Day to you all.

P.S. If my song doesn't make you feel a little bit better, well, I tried my best. But if, by chance, you do feel a little better—you can always let me know by throwing me a rep point. *s*

Susie
10-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are too.
Hope your b-day
Is the best you ever knew!!!

Let's party: :Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: :popcorn: :TheWave: :Cake: and a :banana: in case your hungry!

Hope you have a great day, Wordworm!

arrowqueen
10-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Jeezo! I thought you were ninety the way you were talking! Here. Put your teeth back in and have some cake.

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/8.gif

K1P1
10-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Now wait a minute. I sent you a personal, private happy birthday message by PM this morning a little after 8. Didn't you get it?

Soccer Mom
10-19-2006, 03:28 AM
For you birthday I just put some candles on the birthday pumpkin and colored some eggs red white and blue cause I figure you're old and confused and won't know any better.

Happy Birthday! I'm off to enjoy the video.

Rolling Thunder
10-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Is that 55 in Canadian or American years?;)

HBday WW!

Wordworm
10-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Now wait a minute. I sent you a personal, private happy birthday message by PM this morning a little after 8. Didn't you get it?
Maggie, you are absolutely, positively, undeniably, unequivocally, categorically right, and I am mortified beyond the point of embarrassment. Please accept my most humble apology. I read your wonderful note, made a mental note to answer you, then got distracted and forgot to write to you. Did I mention that I'm getting on in years? I think I heard that one's memory starts to get a little shaky with age. Can I make it up to you with a rep point?

Haggis
10-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Did I mention that I'm getting on in years? I think I heard that one's memory starts to get a little shaky with age.

Sadly, worm, it's not just the memory.

Mandy-Jane
10-19-2006, 05:38 AM
:partyguy: Happy happy happy birthday!

Wordworm
10-19-2006, 05:57 AM
Sadly, worm, it's not just the memory.
There's something very ominous in that comment, H. And I see that only two days ago you passed another milestone yourself. Is there some morsel of life experience you'd care to share?

Haggis
10-19-2006, 05:58 AM
There's something very ominous in that comment, H. And I see that only two days ago you passed another milestone yourself. Is there some morsel of life experience you'd care to share?

There used to be.

eta: But thank God for the pharmaceutical industry.