My 50th post - Let's party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I don't usually hang out at these kinds of places, but this is a special occasion:

My 50th post! :partyguy:

I remember back when I was reading through all the newbie stuff that something very special happens when you reach fifty posts - although I don't remember exactly what it is. Maybe everybody buys me a glass of oj? Or gift certificates at Amazon? Or rep points? Or RAM? New battery for laptop?

Well, whatever it is, thanks guys. You're swell, real swell.

<cranks up disco beat> Party away!

ltd. - whose fifty posts are proof that she has mastered the art of getting distracted

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
LTA- you can now pick your own avatar.
Woo-hoo, party time!!
(I'm the brown one in the wave)

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
<turns music down abruptly>

Hey. It still says 49 posts under my name...:Huh:

Maybe posts that start a thread don't count...

That means this will be my fiftieth post! :e2headban <cranks some Billy Idol>

Let's make it an emoticon party!!!:e2dance:

ltd.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Posts in Office Party and TIO do not add to your post count. Back to the drawing board, kiddo :D

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
:roll:

I don't mean to laugh, but

:roll:

:D

I was going to say "Fifty posts! Pffft! Talk to me when ye' hit 1,000, laddie!"

;)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Ltd. Hope you aren't blonde. :roll: No wait, yes I do. Party time is an excuse to shower and shave. HHOOOOOHAAAHHOO!!!!!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Quick, quick - go post somewhere else, say hi to a newbie, add a line to a haiku. When you get to 50 you can use a custome avatar - then we'll know what you look like!

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Aadams - thanks for telling me that! Okay, so these posts totally don't even count, right? :roll: I'm so amused I'm not even embarrassed! Let's party anyway. It's like, nobody's even watching us in here, then.

Woo-hoo. This is like no office party I've ever had - they give you a cake and pretend to care that it's your birthday but when the phone rings, you gotta answer it anyway and the boss indiscreetly checks his watch while you're trying to scarf a piece of cake in a very professional manner...

But in here it's like - PAR-Tay! So, I'll just speak my mind!

PeeDee, talk to me when your user name doesn't remind me of a toddler... [bleep friendly mocking - because I'm really too nice to throw around even pretend insults, and cause PeeDee is kindof swell usually]
...And when you can tell the difference between a lady and a laddie! :D

Jbal said:(I'm the brown one in the wave)

Jbal - aww, you're so cute!

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I think you should be celebrating your continued level of 49 posts - once you hit 50 it's all over. Never trust anyone over 50, I always say.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Hah! Well, I've decided that "laddie" is a nice all around for men AND women, and will therefore be completely unpreturbed by it. ;)

And my name has deep sociological an cultural historical influences which have been studied and researched by socio-anthropologists the world over. So nyah.

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
OK, the avatar thing. First scroll up to the top of this thread and click on "User CP." When you get there, look down the left side for "Edit Avatar" and click on it. Now look in the middle of the screen. At the top is shows your current avatar (which, obviously won't be there because it isn't).

Just below this is a box labeled "Pre-defined Generic Avatars." See all the pictures of avatars right below that? You can choose any of them - just click the little radio button of the one you want.

The next box down is labeled "Custom Avatar." Click the button for "Use Custom Avatar" and then you can copy a picture from somewhere else on the web or from your computer. Just enter the URL or use the Browse button to find the image on your computer. Be careful to use a small image. It tells you how big it can be.

Once you're done choosing an avatar, scroll down to the bottom and click the "Save Changes" button.

Looking forward to seeing your new image! :)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Well Happy 50!
Don't trust Weren, he gives Chianti to Co-eds.

And it's not the rep points, its what you do with them. When I hit 20,000,000,013 I'm going to turn them in like 'Greenstamps' and buy another paperclip!

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
here for a limited time only

There. There's my picture. Now you know what I look like. See? Not a blonde.

(Psst. somebody...:hat: That isn't really me. I don't know who she is. Can I get sued for that? ...No! You cannot have her number!)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I'll check to see who's in line outside my front door, see if I can spot her and get her name for you, okay?

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good job with the avatar - nice start. Now you can go into your profile and change your custom user title to something provocative.

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Now you can go into your profile and change your custom user title to something provocative.

Yeah, but I like "Super Member." It's so cool being superhero-like.

Had to run out a few minutes ago, and everybody was sooo nice to me. People smiled broadly, the teller was super helpful and friendly, and the cashier double-bagged my milk. I'm used to friendly smiles when I have my supercute kiddo with me, but I was alone today. Do you think they somehow knew that today was my special day?

Or did I have toilet paper on my shoe?????

ltd.

(PeeDee, I don't care who she is, so send her back in line. Spooky is mad that you let her cut to the front.)

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
I see all the sane ones came out to dance..
Jaycinth, Mags, Weren, PeeDee, Kevin, Terri, Aadams...
and of course the Spooks....

this is not a thread such a nice, debonair, sauve gentleman like myself should show himself...
the plebians seem to reign here...
such silly little games...

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
:cool: Oh, well, thanks for stopping by...

But you only get fifty posts once, you know. You have to appreciate them when they're small, because they grow up so fast.

<cranks up music>

Status
Not open for further replies.