Do I even try?

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Do I even dare to do NaNo? I write first drafts longhand and I work full-time. But I really need some more short stories to send out. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
If you try and fail to achieve the goal, you will have still moved forward, and thus succeed at making progress. If you don't try, you'll still be right where you were before.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
What Birol said.

If you try during NaNo, you'll have a very vocal cheering section egging you on, and lots of people in the same boat to commiserate with if the writing's not going well. Writing in longhand just means they can't electronically confirm the word count on the website. The challenge is the same.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Of course you do it!

I do it because by this time each year I get writer's lethargy and having this huge, looming deadline type thing gets me going everytime. Forces me to make time for my writing.

Of course you do it!

It's a challenge! People like challenging themselves yes?

Rabe...

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

:D

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
LOL! Oh, the peer pressure!

Oh what the heck, I'm doing it! I had fun the last time (back in 2001). And this time, I'll have plenty of company! :D

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
The worst thing that can happen is you'll have more writing done than if you hadn't tried at all.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I think so too! I've already signed up for my local NaNo write-ins too. Wow, 50K words worth of short stories will be enough "inventory" to keep those SASEs circulating for a while.

I'm psyched!

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
*twitch* ious, ya know? I've had that happen lots of times and nothing bad's ever happened. Not even when I wrote those 65 pages in one day, my personal best, cuz after all, I have to work that into every possible conversation that's even slightly remotely or adequately related, ya know? But seriously, you can do it! It'll be fun! And you'll have a bla *twitch*

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like quidscribis is on the fritz again. Whose turn is it to change her fuses?

:D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What an awesome post count. Now match it with your word count. I double-dog dare ya ;)

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
I have white chocolate. Does that count? ;).

White "chocolate" is a misnomer so it never counts.;)

I have plenty of chocolate - if only I could find it. After eating all of my kids chocolate last year, they've wised up and have found much better hiding spots and I haven't found it yet.

*sigh* yes I'm procrastinating - the first day and I'm finding excuses. However, I'm sure once I get some chocolate in me I will get right to it...