How sweet is my husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I have to tell you this. For ages now I've been bugging him about setting me up with a desk in a nice little place to write. I have a desk now, but it's an old computer desk and it's tiny and cramped and it's just shoved into a corner in our spare room. So the other day in our shed, I found a gorgeous old table top that used to be part of a coffee table. I asked him if he could put some big legs on it so I could have it as a writing table. Well last night, he did it. It turned out to be a bit more complicated than he thought and he spent ages drilling holes and banging nails and all the rest of it. End result - table looks gorgeous. Now I'm very excited because I'm going to set up all my gear on it and I've got a gorgeous space to put it in front of a window with a view of all the beautiful trees outside our house.

He's so sweet.:hooray:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
So...is there any chance of setting your hubby up with one of the new clone companys? I am sure we could pocket some bucks with that kind of caring personality. Shoot, bet there are some gals right here that would pay some good dollars for one like him.

(Be sure to give him a treat tonight, ah...(wink) any ideas what might make his day?)

Happy desk sitting and go, girl, go.

Mandy-Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I just found out that he mistakenly left his wedding ring at home today. Maybe some girls at his work might get lucky at last.

As for a treat - hmmm.... maybe a foot rub? Massage? Oh I know what you mean! That would definitely make his day!

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
M-J,

I do not wish to pour cold water on your good news/your pleasure. However, might I request that you take a look at the types of issues raised in this forum, along with the description of forum content as indicated on the front/homepage:

"Writing discussion that's appropriate for all (or most) writers, across genres and media" (!).

Thanks.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Oh, I wouldn't worry about Mandy-Jane straying too far off topic ATP. Every writer needs a good workspace where inspiration and perspiration can flow.

For many years I wrote on a kitchen table when it wasn't being used for its original purpose. When I finally got the beautiful, old double-pedestal oak desk I use now, I felt I'd arrived as a writer. Can't honestly say I wrote any better but I felt better when writing.

Congrats Mandy-Jane. No excuses now. Time to set the literary world on fire. ;)

Mandy-Jane

Registered
Reaction score
ATP said:
M-J,

I do not wish to pour cold water on your good news/your pleasure. However, might I request that you take a look at the types of issues raised in this forum, along with the description of forum content as indicated on the front/homepage:

"Writing discussion that's appropriate for all (or most) writers, across genres and media" (!).

Thanks.

Hi ATP

Thank you for bringing to my attention your view that I may be in danger of raising issues not relevant to writing and/or not "appropriate for writers across genres and media". However, I must draw to your attention the fact that my post is writing-related and in my opinion, has just as much relevance and right to be there as any other post.

Jenna herself points out in her Sticky dated 11 October:

"So we wind up discussing things like plagiarism, motivation, supportive spouses, etc. on the genre/medium-specific boards, when they really could be posted in a general area where all sorts of writers would look and feel comfortable about participating."

As you see, this is what I've done, so it really is relevant.

But thanks anyway :)

Mandy

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
M-J,

Perhaps you are correct. I will leave it at this.

bookgeek

Vicarious is my middle name.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amywritesstuff.wordpress.com
Uh, Mandy-Jane? Can you send your husband over to my house so he can explain to my husband why writer's space is important? And can your husband then encourage my husband to stop being such a tightwad and go out and buy me that special antique desk so I can have a calming, inspiring writer's spot?

Or maybe we can just switch husbands. Think about it. ;-P

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I cannot emphasize enough that writing is a solitary pursuit and as such, needs a space.

Every writer need a place of their own - even if it is a quiet corner of a room used for other purposes.

Mandy-Jane - you are *so* lucky to have a supportive spouse who not only recignizes your need to write, but your need of a place to do it. I have one too - it makes all the difference!

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
Mandy-Jane (cool name, btw), that was so sweet of your hubby. :)

I kind of have a similar story. My fiance knows how I've been wanting an L shaped desk. You know, one side for the computer and the other for actual pen and paper writing space. Well, we were at Wal-Mart one day and we saw one, he wanted to get it then and there. I hesitated cuz I hate spending that kind of money without thinking about it. A couple of days later we went back hoping to get it. No one would help us though and we weren't sure we could get that large box in our car. So, the next evening after work, he and his co-workers stop by and pick it up! It was like he wanted it more than I did. :tongue Just cuz it was something I wanted *sigh* We are lucky gals. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.