Praise from editor

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
I've been writing for this particular magazine for about a year or more now. The editor has had good things to say about my writing in the past but nothing extravagant. I sent in an article today and he responded back a couple of hours later with "I am literally stunned by the Saradiel biography. It is written in such an easy and readable manner, yet so full of information. I was gripped, as will be most readers." :) I'm rather pleased though I personally didn't think it had been written all that well - guess it's a good thing he's the one buying the story and not me :tongue

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
As we say in Australia, good-o!(Or, in more directly Australian parlance, on yer, mate!):) Encouraging words from eds. are always welcome. It is very much about keeping the customer (editor) satisfied, don't you find?.
My group of mostly male editors seem to be reluctant to make any encouraging noises, despite displaying a continued interest in purchasing my queries/articles...

Good-o, F.There's nothing more encouraging than a satisfied and paying editor. Long may it continue to be a fruitful relationship.

PS. Why is Saradiel regarded as Sri Lanka's 'Robin Hood'?

kplowright

From another Australian on editors from both sides of the fence, there is a good reason for holding the praise. They might to pay you more if they say it too often. I'm actually eating prawns as I speak, but great praise indeed.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
ATP said:
PS. Why is Saradiel regarded as Sri Lanka's 'Robin Hood'?

LOL. For a moment there I was wondering if you'd somehow seen my article :tongue Then remembered that all mention of Saradiel almost automatically goes with the phrase "Sri Lanka's Robin Hood" :p Basically, Saradiel stole from the rich and gave to the poor, or so they say.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
That's really fantastic :)

I have to plead ignorance and tell you that I have no idea who Saradiel is, but this has prompted me to go and find out.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
That's fantastic! Let us know when the article comes out!:)

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
"stunned", "readable", "gripped"...great praise from an editor. Way to go!

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Now THAT'S the kind of feedback I'm talking about! Congrats, Fahim

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
Fahim said:
I'm rather pleased though I personally didn't think it had been written all that well - guess it's a good thing he's the one buying the story and not me :tongue
The editor knows better. You better not argue about that anymore. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS, Fahim! :hooray:

Sury

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, praise from the editor is praise indeed! Good work, Fahim.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Wow that is great!!!!!!!
No Joke...great stuff and praise there...
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
(Now if you could get that hat off of Quids so she stops asking for rep points cause of it we will be in heaven!!!!!! :D)