Oct. 12th was my 3-year Blogiversary

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
October 12, 2003 was the post date of my first post in my first blog at OhDawno.org (which if you go to now has links to all my online stuff - the tab OhDawno Blog is my original blog)

Others have blogged longer (and far better) than I, but I'm certainly happy about getting this far.

When did you start blogging? Have you ever gone back and read your first post?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Congrats! You have to buy something leather for the third year anniversary.

I had a blog a couple years ago that I got bored with and abandoned. Then I had my myspace one for a month or two, and the one I have now I started in April, but some of the posts go further back because I ported about half of my Myspace posts.

DTKelly

The Rememberer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dtkelly.net
Happy Blogiversary!

I had a few false starts, then finally got going early this year. I too imported all my older posts. They're gems, let me tell you!

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Happy Blogiversary, I had a false start on July 2005 but I seriously started this February and now I am a full time blogger, writing in 5 blogs.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Blogiversity ! I started back in March of '05 with just an introductory post, nothing special. At the time, I was beginning to break away from a strange and annoying relationship and needed an outlet. I try to post something every other week or thereabouts, and some day when I become a rich and famous Author (stop laughing!) I'll probably regret every publicly posted word :D

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
I don't remember the date exactly, but I e-mailed Rob to ask him what he thought of the idea I had for my blog. He took the time to give some pertinent advice which I keep in mind to this day (except the cross-dressing stuff, of course).

Os.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Happy Blogiversary, Dawno!

November 16th is the second blogiversary of my Ghost Stories blog which is the first one I started. I didn't even do an introductory post. I felt the title of the blog was pretty self-explanatory and there was no need for one. My first post was one of my favorite stories.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
When did you start blogging? Have you ever gone back and read your first post?
You sure you want to ask this question when I'm around? :D

Yeah, I remember EXACTLY when I got started and why. Oh, boy, do I remember!

It was June 3rd, 2003. I woke up that morning and decided to blog. I'd known about blogs for a while, but previously had zero interest in having one of my own. Zero. Zilch. Nil. Nada. None. Why the change? Heh! :)

So, I went online and used my favorite search engine to look for blogging software. I wanted to keep the data on my laptop rather than rely on someone else's server. Backups, you know, and my data and all that. So I downloaded four or five programs that all looked like they possibly would do the job, played around, and settled on Blog written by programmer Fahim Farook. I started using it and wrote my first blog entry on June 6th.

And all that led to Fahim and I falling in love, meeting, and getting married all in the space of two months. :D

I love blogging. But then, I'm biased. :D

RhinoMom

Registered
Reaction score
What a great milestone!

For someone who has blogged since June 2001, I can tell you that it's a great record of the moments that make up your life (and easier to read than a hand-written journal).

Sometimes, if I want to remember what I did for a particular birthday, how I felt when I first learned I was pregnant, etc., I look up that date in my blog and read all the details. When I start at the beginning and read forward, I can see my writing style evolve. It's like putting all those animated drawings together in a book and fanning the pages to make a cartoon. It starts with a single image (or blog entry), but put all together, it's a moving picture of your life. (What?) It's early here. :)

Debbie

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Great analogy Debbie! I haven't written in my blog since Saturday (I think) - too tired to think straight when I get back to the hotel from work. I think being away from my usual, comfy writing place has been part of the reason. Gonna have to work on that.