PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 12th was my 3-year Blogiversary

Dawno
10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
October 12, 2003 was the post date of my first post in my first blog at OhDawno.org (which if you go to now has links to all my online stuff - the tab OhDawno Blog is my original blog)

Others have blogged longer (and far better) than I, but I'm certainly happy about getting this far.

When did you start blogging? Have you ever gone back and read your first post?

robeiae
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Happy blogiversary...is this the Silicon Anniversary?

I started much later than you...May 30, 2006. My first post says nothing. :D

mdin
10-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Congrats! You have to buy something leather for the third year anniversary.

I had a blog a couple years ago that I got bored with and abandoned. Then I had my myspace one for a month or two, and the one I have now I started in April, but some of the posts go further back because I ported about half of my Myspace posts.

DTKelly
10-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Happy Blogiversary!

I had a few false starts, then finally got going early this year. I too imported all my older posts. They're gems, let me tell you!

Thomma Lyn
10-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Happy Blogiversary, Dawno! :)

I started my blog in June of this year, so I'm a relative newbie to blogging. My first post? A picture of my cats. :D

razibahmed
10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Happy Blogiversary, I had a false start on July 2005 but I seriously started this February and now I am a full time blogger, writing in 5 blogs.

MidnightMuse
10-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Happy Blogiversity ! I started back in March of '05 with just an introductory post, nothing special. At the time, I was beginning to break away from a strange and annoying relationship and needed an outlet. I try to post something every other week or thereabouts, and some day when I become a rich and famous Author (stop laughing!) I'll probably regret every publicly posted word :D

Sury
10-12-2006, 07:07 PM
That's a fantastic feat, Dawno. May your blog live a long and healthy life.

Congrats! :D

Sury

Dawno
10-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I hope more of us come along and tell our stories, too.

oswann
10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't remember the date exactly, but I e-mailed Rob to ask him what he thought of the idea I had for my blog. He took the time to give some pertinent advice which I keep in mind to this day (except the cross-dressing stuff, of course).

Os.

September skies
10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
oh...but the cross dressing stuff would be such fun. Darn it.

Dawno - that's wonderful! Happy blogversary. I am not sure I remember my first blog. I know it was November of last year. I'll have to go see - I guess I'm coming up to a one-year myself.

robeiae
10-12-2006, 10:50 PM
(except the cross-dressing stuff, of course).
You could never have pulled it off with those (http://www.thigh-high-boots.info/thigh-high-boots/bootb2b.jpg) boots, anyways...you don't have my legs.

sthrnwriter
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Happy Blogiversary, Dawno!

November 16th is the second blogiversary of my Ghost Stories blog which is the first one I started. I didn't even do an introductory post. I felt the title of the blog was pretty self-explanatory and there was no need for one. My first post was one of my favorite stories.

Dawno
10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Thank you (again) The blogiversary party was a huge success. Reporters from the society pages...champagne...:D

L M Ashton
10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
When did you start blogging? Have you ever gone back and read your first post?You sure you want to ask this question when I'm around? :D

Yeah, I remember EXACTLY when I got started and why. Oh, boy, do I remember!

It was June 3rd, 2003. I woke up that morning and decided to blog. I'd known about blogs for a while, but previously had zero interest in having one of my own. Zero. Zilch. Nil. Nada. None. Why the change? Heh! :)

So, I went online and used my favorite search engine to look for blogging software. I wanted to keep the data on my laptop rather than rely on someone else's server. Backups, you know, and my data and all that. So I downloaded four or five programs that all looked like they possibly would do the job, played around, and settled on Blog (http://farook.org/Blog.htm) written by programmer Fahim Farook (http://farook.org). I started using it and wrote my first blog entry on June 6th.

And all that led to Fahim and I falling in love (http://laurieandfahim.laurieashton.com), meeting, and getting married all in the space of two months. :D

I love blogging. But then, I'm biased. :D

Dawno
10-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Now that's a blogiversary worth celebrating!

RhinoMom
10-20-2006, 05:59 PM
What a great milestone!

For someone who has blogged since June 2001, I can tell you that it's a great record of the moments that make up your life (and easier to read than a hand-written journal).

Sometimes, if I want to remember what I did for a particular birthday, how I felt when I first learned I was pregnant, etc., I look up that date in my blog and read all the details. When I start at the beginning and read forward, I can see my writing style evolve. It's like putting all those animated drawings together in a book and fanning the pages to make a cartoon. It starts with a single image (or blog entry), but put all together, it's a moving picture of your life. (What?) It's early here. :)

Debbie

Dawno
10-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Great analogy Debbie! I haven't written in my blog since Saturday (I think) - too tired to think straight when I get back to the hotel from work. I think being away from my usual, comfy writing place has been part of the reason. Gonna have to work on that.

WestofMars
10-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't remember when I started my now-abandoned Livejournal. 2002? 2003?

My Blogspot blog was started just in April.