Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Wasn't sure if to post this in the Blogger forum or Novels, so this new board comes in handy!

Marie Phillips has been writing a blog called Struggling Author for a couple years, recording the ups and downs of the writing life as well as her own personal pecadillios.

Suddenly she became talk of the town. On the eve of the Frankfurt book Fair she got an agent AND a book deal for her first novel Gods Behaving Badly, and suddenly all the media was chattering about her. That's the way it goes. You're Nobody, and suddenly you're Somebody. Her latest post is about going to all those Booker Prize parties.

www.strugglingauthor.blogspot.com

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Thanks for starting this thread, aruna!

There are a number of author blogs that give different perspectives on the writer's life and challenges. John Scalzi's blog "Whatever(Taunting the Tauntable since 1998)" doesn't always focus on writing, J. A. Konrath's is "A Newbie's Guide to Publishing" and it doesn't stray from that topic (well, except when he's talking about his book tour). There are other examples - our own James Macdonald and his co-author Debra Doyle have a blog on Live Journal specifically about his recent book Land of Mist and Snow which has been a peek into a work in progress.

I think there are a number of authors with websites who don't visit the blogging forum because they don't blog on their sites - I'd be very interested in a conversation about what they think about having a web presence, why they have their site, if it's helpful as PR, etc.

And then there's the whole Amazon author blogs thing...

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
hello Dawno,

I didn;t read this writer;s whgole blog, just the start and the finish, but it was interesting the way she was just meandering along talking about boyfriends and hair and all that chck stuff and then suddenly she;s hobnobbing with Martin Amis and Zadie Smith.

I never kept up my own blog. I'm thinking of doing it now, since things seem to be moving forward.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I just discovered the blog thread here at AW - I just started a blog, too - there's a link on my website and here. I was intimidated by the thought of writing something worthwhile every day - but then I realized that's what I try to do *anyway* ...

It Doesn't Take a Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.