Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Why, yes, it's a new board!

This was an idea I've vaguely kicked around for a long time, but it wasn't until BottomlessCup put it into words and suggested it to me that I decided it was a really good idea. He called it an "on-topic Office Party."

There are some topics that come up that are applicable to all or most writers, regardless of whether they write fiction or nonfiction, screenplays or poems or articles. And there's never been a place exactly right for those topics.

So we wind up discussing things like plagiarism, motivation, supportive spouses, etc. on the genre/medium-specific boards, when they really could be posted in a general area where all sorts of writers would look and feel comfortable about participating. I know that there are sometimes topics on the Novels board that I feel weird about jumping into just because I'm not a novelist, even if the topic applies to me. Sort of feels like crashing a party where I don't belong.

This, then, is going to be a board where we can discuss things that apply to most writers. It might take a little experimenting to figure out exactly where to draw the lines, so go easy on the mods while we work on this over the next week or two. We'll try moving some topics here to get this board started right, and give people an idea of the sorts of things we'd like to see here.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
That was really weird. I was in the middle of reading Teddy's post when you moved it. I stepped out of the thread and ended up in a completely different place. Kinda like getting off the bus at the wrong stop.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea. A writing forum. Very cool.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
quidscribis said:
Very cool and very suitable, I think. :) Love the decor, too.

Great idea, Jenna. But Quid...really? You like ratan?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
It makes waffle marks on my legs!

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
XThe NavigatorX said:
That was really weird. I was in the middle of reading Teddy's post when you moved it. I stepped out of the thread and ended up in a completely different place. Kinda like getting off the bus at the wrong stop.

My posts will do that to you. They are really confusing...cause Kevin confuses me all the time...
:D

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
This is a really great idea!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea to me.

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
What a great idea

This is a great idea, Jenna. There have been quite a few times when I've been reading along in a thread and wanted to post a reply and didn't because I felt like I'd be jumping into a conversation others might consider me ill-informed to comment on because I don't write in that genre or I'm not published in that genre, etc... even though as you say, the topic is one that affects many writers regardless of genre or publication status.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wonderful!

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Susan Flemming said:
This is a great idea, Jenna. There have been quite a few times when I've been reading along in a thread and wanted to post a reply and didn't because I felt like I'd be jumping into a conversation others might consider me ill-informed to comment on because I don't write in that genre or I'm not published in that genre, etc... even though as you say, the topic is one that affects many writers regardless of genre or publication status.

I couldn't have said it better.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why, how did I end up here? I turned left at OP and saw a new door and...why look...here's my friends. Hmmm, like the new addition. You've done nice things with the place, but a few lamps and some shades would really dress it up.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jenna! My eyes did a double take when I saw the new board. Looks like it will be a worthwhile board!

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Lancelot!

No, really. . . there have been a couple things that I have been thinking about that I didn't want to put in the novel forum, or the shorts forum or the sports writing forum nor OP and definitely not TIO. . . Perfecto! Thanks Jenna!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wait, thank BottomlessCup! It was his idea! I just took him up on it. :)

Glad you all approve. I think it'll become a popular spot when we get the hang of what belongs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.