I got my first rejection..woohoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElonnaT

OK, this is probably the only time I will be excited about a rejection, but it is my first one. So yeah for me!
:snoopy

Now, just got get an acceptance and life will be stupendous!:grin

bfdc

You are now an official writer. Congrats, keep it going. I hear the rejections far outnumber the acceptances. From my own experience, I have to say that's true.

Bob/bfdc

ElonnaT

Thanks Bob. I can not say I look forward to all those rejections I will get, but at least it means I'm trying ;)

maestrowork

Rejections will become a part of your life (even if you're very successful -- even Stephen King or John Irving gets rejections). What they mean is: you're writing and you're submitting your work and you're one closer to success!

Keep going!

Your fellow rejectee

allion

From another of the rejected (sometimes dejected, but that's a whole 'nuther thread!)...

you will get a lovely collection of those things on various pieces and sizes and colours of paper. Some will be personal; most won't be. Some will make you angry; some may make you cry. Keep a supply of chocolate on hand for those. Even better - go for a walk and escape the house that has it under its roof.

I want to think of each rejection as being another small step on the way to the goal.

Wish it wasn't such a long walk, though!

Risseybug

I felt exactly the same the day I got my first rejection slip. It's amazing how that can be, huh?
Now I have six others in the pile.

Arisa81

Elonna:

Congrats (I think hehe) on that first rejection. but they will become a normal thing.
I have more than I would like, as we all do, but that's the way it goes.

But good luck on getting those acceptances. Those make the rejections worth it.

ElonnaT

Thanks all...I just wish it didn't take so long to get rejected heh...

:grin

SRHowen

It took 65 rejections to find my agent---congrats on your first it is a step in the right direction.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.