PDA

View Full Version : I got my first rejection..woohoo!!

ElonnaT
08-06-2004, 04:45 AM
OK, this is probably the only time I will be excited about a rejection, but it is my first one. So yeah for me!
:snoopy

Now, just got get an acceptance and life will be stupendous!:grin

bfdc
08-07-2004, 07:35 PM
You are now an official writer. Congrats, keep it going. I hear the rejections far outnumber the acceptances. From my own experience, I have to say that's true.

Bob/bfdc

ElonnaT
08-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks Bob. I can not say I look forward to all those rejections I will get, but at least it means I'm trying ;)

maestrowork
08-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Rejections will become a part of your life (even if you're very successful -- even Stephen King or John Irving gets rejections). What they mean is: you're writing and you're submitting your work and you're one closer to success!

Keep going!

Your fellow rejectee

allion
08-09-2004, 03:33 AM
From another of the rejected (sometimes dejected, but that's a whole 'nuther thread!)...

you will get a lovely collection of those things on various pieces and sizes and colours of paper. Some will be personal; most won't be. Some will make you angry; some may make you cry. Keep a supply of chocolate on hand for those. Even better - go for a walk and escape the house that has it under its roof.

I want to think of each rejection as being another small step on the way to the goal.

Wish it wasn't such a long walk, though!

Risseybug
08-15-2004, 01:14 AM
I felt exactly the same the day I got my first rejection slip. It's amazing how that can be, huh?
Now I have six others in the pile.

Arisa81
08-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Elonna:

Congrats (I think hehe) on that first rejection. but they will become a normal thing.
I have more than I would like, as we all do, but that's the way it goes.

But good luck on getting those acceptances. Those make the rejections worth it.

ElonnaT
08-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks all...I just wish it didn't take so long to get rejected heh...

:grin

SRHowen
08-16-2004, 10:34 AM
It took 65 rejections to find my agent---congrats on your first it is a step in the right direction.

Shawn