PDA

View Full Version : How the hell

dclary
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Did dpat become a mod? Now there'll be NO end to the haggis and bagpipes. Oy!

writerterri
10-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Dunno!

writerterri
10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
ummm...yep. Tis true.

alleycat
10-10-2006, 09:21 PM
He promised to wear a kilt for Jenna's birthday party . . .

robeiae
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
How the hell
Did dpat become a mod?

http://www.mapaubingo.com/images/monkey3.jpg

:D

SpookyWriter
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Are you a tad jealous?

aka eraser
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
He became a mod the same way we all did - by exhibiting brilliance, sagacity and by sucking up to Jenna.

dclary
10-10-2006, 09:28 PM
[b]

http://www.mapaubingo.com/images/monkey3.jpg

:D

LOL. I knew it!

dclary
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Are you a tad jealous?

YES!

dpaterso
10-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Your powers of observation are simply astounding! Did you just have laser eye treatment?

Disturbing thought, this didn't occur to you in the middle of a sex fantasy, did it? What was I wearing? Something black and tight, I hope.

-Derek
My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings. (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/DPaterson57)
Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife. When you die can I give that to my daughter?

SpookyWriter
10-10-2006, 09:39 PM
YES!Now why would anyone want to become a mod? They become part of the system. Man, we are so outside the system. They have to conform. They need to be polite and show some dignity. Who needs that? Besides they need to wear pants to work. Now that just sucks big dogs.

Jealous still?

sassandgroove
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
How the Hell Did dpat become a mod? Now there'll be NO end to the haggis and bagpipes. Oy!Oh, get over yourself.

BottomlessCup
10-11-2006, 12:12 AM
So. Today is the first time you, an alleged screenwriter, actually stepped into the Scriptwriting board, eh?

Haggis
10-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Now there'll be NO end to the haggis and bagpipes. Oy!

I certainly hope not.

sassandgroove
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
So. Today is the first time you, an alleged screenwriter, actually stepped into the Scriptwriting board, eh?I was wondering if clary actually wrote anything besides posts.

Opty
10-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I think he deserves to be a mod, if only because he has Lorn (from Angel) as his avatar.

However, he'd get more of my support if it were an Amy Acker (Winifred "Fred" Berkel) pic.

clockwork
10-11-2006, 12:29 AM
dpat has been screenwriting mod and amazing-happy-super-luck-mega-fun-critique extraordinaire for quite some time now.

I salute his brilliance.

BottomlessCup
10-11-2006, 12:35 AM
I concur. His critique board generosity is unparalleled, anywhere on the web.

clockwork
10-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I concur. His critique board generosity is unparalleled, anywhere on the web.

I concur with your concurence. He truly is the epitome of the word generous when it comes to screenwriting critiques.

dclary
10-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Your powers of observation are simply astounding! Did you just have laser eye treatment?

Disturbing thought, this didn't occur to you in the middle of a sex fantasy, did it? What was I wearing? Something black and tight, I hope.

-Derek
My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings. (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/DPaterson57)
Give an Arab a sword, he makes a knife. When you die can I give that to my daughter?

I've found that makes my vision worse, not better.

And you were wearing a latex sporran and nipple clamps.

dclary
10-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Now why would anyone want to become a mod? They become part of the system. Man, we are so outside the system. They have to conform. They need to be polite and show some dignity. Who needs that? Besides they need to wear pants to work. Now that just sucks big dogs.

Jealous still?

Unlike the rest of you miscreants, I happen to ENJOY obeying authority.

As such, I'd like the opportunity to share in the responsibilites of being the authority.

dclary
10-11-2006, 12:45 AM
So. Today is the first time you, an alleged screenwriter, actually stepped into the Scriptwriting board, eh?

What? He's the mod of screenwriting?

THAT is SO unfair.

I've got WAY more unsold scripts than he does!!!

:rant:

dclary
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I certainly hope not.

Beware, little rat-like-creature. Dpat EATS haggis!!!

sassandgroove
10-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Then stop posting here, and go submit a few.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-11-2006, 01:54 AM

My guess is he was the only one absent when The Powers Who Be were looking for another suck-- er-- mod... and lo and behold! Guess who got elected? :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-11-2006, 01:55 AM

My guess is he was the only one absent when The Powers Who Be were looking for another suck-- er-- mod... and lo and behold! Guess who got elected? :D

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 02:07 AM
In my defense, I'd like to say I've never eaten haggis in my life, nor have I ever worn a kilt, and I'm none too keen on the shrieking wail of bagpipes either, I don't even know how they get all these cats into the bag.

-Derek
The companionship of a doll is a pleasant thing even for a period of time running into months. But for a close relationship that can last us through all the years of our life, no doll can take the place of aces back to back.

robeiae
10-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Oddly enough, this is exactly the same defense William Wallace used, though he said it with that god-awful accent. Perhaps it will work out better for you...

dclary
10-11-2006, 03:03 AM

You're my agent now?

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 03:21 AM
I think he deserves to be a mod, if only because he has Lorn (from Angel) as his avatar.
However, he'd get more of my support if it were an Amy Acker (Winifred "Fred" Berkel) pic.

We're playing demons this week in honor of Liam's new book (see top left ad), Dawno suggested I be Lorne, given my secret Buffy fetish. Truth to tell, Fred didn't quite ding my bell despite her big brain. Illyria on the other hand had my full attention, maybe it was the deeper voice, or maybe it was the, er, spray-painted leather gear, let me think now...

Oddly enough, this is exactly the same defense William Wallace used, though he said it with that god-awful accent. Perhaps it will work out better for you...

No one has cut my stomach open and pulled out my intestines yet, so I live in hope. Please note, Mel Gibson is an actor, he isn't actually the original William Wallace.

Anyone else want to chuck any insults or aspersions while I'm here? Yes? No? Form an orderly queue, take a ticket...

-Derek
A superlative suggestion sir, with just two minor flaws. One, we don't have any defensive shields, and two, we don't have any defensive shields. Now I realize that technically speaking that's only one flaw, but it's such a big one I thought it was worth mentioning twice.

clockwork
10-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Anyone else want to chuck any insults or aspersions while I'm here?

You smell like Buckfast!

tiny
10-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Anyone else want to chuck any insults or aspersions while I'm here? Yes? No? Form an orderly queue, take a ticket...

my ticket said piss off... what's the deal?

aadams73
10-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Funny, mine said piss on.

robeiae
10-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Anyone else want to chuck any insults or aspersions while I'm here? Yes? No? Form an orderly queue, take a ticket...Insults??? You plaid bastard--you just implied I get my history from friggin' Mel Gibson movies! I was talking about WILLIAM WALLACE, not Braveheart. I was gonna use Rob Roy, but I thought it might go over the heads of some...

Oooo, I'm so angry...where is dclary? I'm going to stroke his fur the wrong way!

SpookyWriter
10-11-2006, 03:56 AM
:roll:

tiny
10-11-2006, 03:59 AM
...where is dclary? I'm going to stroke his fur the wrong way!

er...

robeiae
10-11-2006, 04:01 AM
er...u r next.

dclary
10-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Funny, mine said piss on.

Piss on!

Piss off!

Piss on! piss off!

The pisser!

dclary
10-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Insults??? You plaid bastard--you just implied I get my history from friggin' Mel Gibson movies! I was talking about WILLIAM WALLACE, not Braveheart. I was gonna use Rob Roy, but I thought it might go over the heads of some...

Oooo, I'm so angry...where is dclary? I'm going to stroke his fur the wrong way!

:|

If I were William Wallace, I'd not have made a belt out of that one dude's skin. That's just nasty.

Bravo
10-11-2006, 04:29 AM
Oh, get over yourself.

I was wondering if clary actually wrote anything besides posts.

there's a lot of things dclary says that can make me cringe, but this is a pretty innocuous thread.

is there a particular reason for these snide remarks, or did jenna get rid of her "respect your fellow writer" rule today?

if so, let me know.

thank you.

BottomlessCup
10-11-2006, 04:50 AM
*clears tables and chairs out of the way*

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-11-2006, 05:51 AM
:popcorn:

Alan Yee
10-11-2006, 06:03 AM
(Please pass the popcorn, OFG. I'm getting hungry waiting for the explosion.)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Dig in! Don't be shy. There's plenty for eating *and* lobbing at the combatants. Have a soda or some iced tea, too. But I don't think we'll have to wait long.

Rolling Thunder
10-11-2006, 07:06 AM
Has anyone started a betting pool yet?

dclary
10-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Ooh, a fight!

Who's fighting?

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
there's a lot of things dclary says that can make me cringe, but this is a pretty innocuous thread.
is there a particular reason for these snide remarks, or did jenna get rid of her "respect your fellow writer" rule today?
if so, let me know.

Let YOU know? Why? There's enough hate in the world without your getting excited about remarks that weren't directed toward YOU personally. "Let he who was offended take up his own shield and sword." ~Angelus 12:3.

Thank you.

-Derek
You're not going crazy, Jack. Crazy people don't think they're getting crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Bravo
10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Let YOU know? Why? There's enough hate in the world without your getting excited about remarks that weren't directed toward YOU personally. "Let he who was offended take up his own shield and sword." ~Angelus 12:3.

Thank you.

-Derek
You're not going crazy, Jack. Crazy people don't think they're getting crazy. They think they're getting saner.

point taken.

and cute quoting angelus not angel. ;)

p.s. i just dont like bullying, and if dclary was doing it, id of been upset w him w too.

but im over it now.

thank you.

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Wow, that's the first time that's happened to me, usually I get my teeth kicked out. Why, maybe I am fit to be a moderator after all?

No, please don't say anything to burst my delusion bubble. Just let me enjoy my microsecond of rapture.

Thank you.

-Derek
To make you a vampire they have to suck your blood. And then you have to suck their blood. It's like a whole big sucking thing. Mostly they're just gonna kill you.

Bravo
10-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Wow, that's the first time that's happened to me, usually I get my teeth kicked out. Why, maybe I am fit to be a moderator after all?

was this a whole elaborate scheme you concocted to prove that?

-Derek
To make you a vampire they have to suck your blood. And then you have to suck their blood. It's like a whole big sucking thing. Mostly they're just gonna kill you.

and why is your webpage never in your sig and always put like that? seeing vampyres spelled like that scares me.

thank you

rtilryarms
10-11-2006, 02:15 PM
He became a mod the same way we all did - by exhibiting brilliance, sagacity and by sucking up to Jenna.

I grandfathered in

Bmwhtly
10-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Before this degenerates any further, I just thought I'd say I think DPat is a very good mod. Whereas dClary... well, not so much.

But maybe thats just me.

aadams73
10-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Dear Jenna, please never make dclary a mod or the world will probably end(plus his resulting ginormous head would take up the whole universe.)

okthxbye

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Degenerates any further?! I thought it was slowly rising on a gentle cushion of love. The love your fellow man kind of love. Man-love.

There's only one way to compare, and that's to make dclary a moderator! Then we can have a mod-off.

Or, that could be the insanest idea ever written on a message board.

aadams has the deciding vote. Oh, right, the vote's already in. Thanks to all who participated in this fun contest!

-Derek
I'm just having a crazy moment. Once I get home and drink myself to sleep I'll be fine.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
. Man-love.
the most beautiful kind.

dpaterso
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM
was this a whole elaborate scheme you concocted to prove that?

Curses, busted. Me and my man-love buddy dclary dreamed this up as we exchanged intimate messages and swapped naked pics last night.

and why is your webpage never in your sig and always put like that? seeing vampyres spelled like that scares me.

I understand the spelling scariness. It seemed a good idea at the time, when I was writing these stories many years ago. Something to do with linking the fanged ones to their going up in flames when staked. In the cold light of day and with the benefit of hindsight, I see as how this was not a nifty idea after all. Thank you.

I had to go away and think about the sigline thing and check a couple of things out.

I think it's a leftover from the old ezboard days when I had problems getting my sigline to format correctly, much frustration and grrr arg.

So here's the deal. I have a little icon on my taskbar, when I select this a REXX program runs that picks a random quote from a file or TV show, and pastes this into Notepad2 along with my web page URL so I can type a reply. When I'm finished I copy/paste from Notepad2 into the message board editor window. (If a system response blip blitzes my message, I still have the original in Notepad2, hah!)

A similar icon performs the same task but pulls in a critique disclaimer header and footer which I often use in Screen Writing forum, e.g.

My humble opinion, etc. I am not a professional screenwriter. Use whatever comments and suggestions you happen to find useful, ignore the rest without a second thought.

Looking at the code, there's some kind of weighted number assigned to entries in the quotes file which means quotes near the top have more chance of popping up again sooner than those down near the bottom. I don't remember coding this 'way back when but it's wonderful to look at, lovely formatting, almost poetic. Anyways, if I don't like the quote for any reason I can hit a function key that cycles down through quotes until I find one I do like or is appropriate for the reply. I also have fun trying to remember who quoted the quote, keeps my mind sharp. The one below is annoying me, it's from Andrew Keir, British actor, who played Rex Harrison's (Caesar's) general in Cleopatra, but I can't remember the character's name. Grrr.

And hopefully that has answered your question, young man. I admire your enquiring mind. If you apply yourself I'm sure you will go far.

-Derek
Well versed in the natural sciences and mathematics. She speaks seven languages proficiently. Were she not a woman one would consider her to be an intellectual.

sassandgroove
10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
You're my agent now?You couldn't pay me enough.
Well, agents make commission, but you know what I mean.

tiny
10-11-2006, 06:25 PM
u r next.

threats from a thumb sucker....