Writer's Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone heard of the Heart of America Christian Writer's Conference? It's put on by Mark Littleton with the Golden Literary Agency. I'm just wondering if it's worth attending.

mommywriter

Registered
Reaction score
Yes...that's the one.
He actually gave me a "not so nice" rejection to a query I sent him. He then sent an invitation to everyone he had rejected. I haven't heard anything about his agency either.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen his name on a number of other conferences along with the likes of Tim LaHaye and Liz Curtis-Higgs, so he has some legitimacy as an author, but I can't say if this conference is any good.

BTW, what do you mean by "not so nice"? The best rejection I got in the early years was from an agent who told me my story was "too familiar" and my characters were cliche. He was right.

I'd rather have a direct and perhaps harsh criticism that gives me some help, than a "not for us" rejection.

mommywriter

Registered
Reaction score
You're right. Actually, a better way to phrase it would be "not too helpful". I was frusterated that his comments didn't explain what he meant. He said that it sounded more like an article than a book. What I didn't understand was what sounded more like an article...the idea, the content...
I would much rather have some be direct and harsh than kind and vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.