Not exactly sure if I should be encouraged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arainsb123

Well, I just got a rejection, and I'm not sure if I should be encouraged by the last paragraph:

Thank you for the submission of your story "The Magician's Rock." Unfortunately, I'm going to pass on it at this time. My apologies for the form reply and lack of comments, but I've gotten too far behind on
submissions, and my priority right now is to simply give everybody an answer. After this batch, I will finally be caught up, however, so in the future, I might be able to give better feedback (not always, but I do try to do so when possible). Additionally, I'll be running a status log of submissions on the guidelines page at ww.elysianfiction.com/gls.asp so that authors can know where I stand and how long I've been taking on recent replies.

Again, thank you for sending this my way, I hope to see more from you in the future, and good luck with your story elsewhere.

So does the fact that he says he hopes to see more from me in future mean that I should send any future stories that fit his magazine's guidelines to him? Or is it just a polite closing line?

Mridu

Who cares? Even if it is just a polite closing line, if you want to write for the magazine, by all means submit again.

Don't think too much about each rejection. Just move on and submit the story elsewhere, and find another piece for this particular magazine.

Good Luck! :thumbs

maestrowork

Most mag editors would invite future submissions, unless you are truly, truly horrible.

By all means, submit again (with a new piece).

arainsb123

LOL, I kinda figured that out

LOL, I already knew not to submit the same thing to a magazine that rejected it.

Greenwolf103

Re: LOL, I kinda figured that out

Mridu said:

Even if it is just a polite closing line, if you want to write for the magazine, by all means submit again.

Definitely! Good luck. :)

RichMar

LOL, I kinda figured that out

I'd like to tell you that that response to your piece means anything, but it didn't. The ass has squat to do with writing and much to do with squat. Luckily, it has squat to do with your writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.