Three big NO's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherinebs

I put my manuscript aside for a couple of weeks while recuperating and took on writing short romance stories. I sent three to a woman's magazine and this morning, I recieved all three--Rejected. :cry All three! I don't know, I liked the stories :shrug . I guess that was it, "I" like the stories. :bang I simply don't like being rejected :head but will deal with it. I have bigger fish to fry. :grr :teeth :shrug .

Well, time to put the Greek music on and dance. :rofl :rofl

"Like Ari Onassis once said: "We dance to celebrate life and we also dance to defeat depression." :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back to the drawing board.

aka eraser

Ideally, we learn from our rejections Katherine. Did the editor make any comments as to why they were rejected? If so, it would be wise to study them.

I might be wrong, but from the way you phrased it above it sounded like you "dashed off" three stories and subbed them all to the same place.

How familiar are you with that magazine and the types of stories they print? It pays to read several issues and dozens of stories to get a feel for what that pub buys. Did you study their guidelines to see how they prefer submissions be sent...and how many at once?

If the rejection(s) were standard, without comment, it may be they weren't even read; that you may have stubbed a toe in the submission process.

I wrote an article and posted it on my website called The ACB's of Getting Published that you might find useful. If you click on the link below my post and look for the "About Writing" section, you'll find it. There's many a misstep between writing a piece and ensuring an editor actually reads it. If you can avoid them you maximize your chances of being published.

Better luck on your next go-round.

Katherinebs

Hello and thank you!

Actually, they were standard copies without any comments.

<"I might be wrong, but from the way you phrased it above it sounded like you "dashed off" three stories and subbed them all to the same place">

Yes, I did just that. I guess that was wrong. :( I should have known better :smack .

I will go over your site and thank you for your help. :D

Greenwolf103

Wow. One rejection is bad. But THREE! For each submission... :head Good for you on getting through it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.