Press release: HandicappedPets.com

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SUPPLIES FOR HANDICAPPED PETS POST RECORD SALES DEMONSTRATING DRAMATIC INDUSTRY GROWTH

AMHERST, NH — October 9, 2006 — Of the more than 130 million pets in the US, 60% will experience a serious injury in their lifetime. Add to that the fact that advances in pet health care are extending the lives of our furry friends, and one can clearly understand why there is a boom in the industry that supplies products, services and support for handicapped pets and their caretakers.

HandicappedPets.com, the leader in providing products, services, and support for elderly, injured, and special needs pets serves as a bellwether of the industry. Since January of 2006, HandicappedPets.com has seen a 200% growth in sales volume. Additionally, its website traffic has blossomed from under 90,000 unique visitors per month a year ago to over 120,000 unique visitors per month today.

“There is certainly a heightened interest and awareness in services and supplies for pets with special needs,” said Mark Robinson, Founder and CEO of HandicappedPets.com. “As our pets grow older or get injured they, like any other family member, need increasing care. Pet caretakers are finding that with a little bit of support and the right equipment, handicapped animals can enjoy happy, quality, loving years with their families.”

HandicappedPets.com offers unique products for handicapped pets including dog wheelchairs, support harnesses and leashes, leg splints, disposable diapers for incontinent animals, ramps to help them up stairs and into cars, health and safety products, educational videos and much more. The services section of the site includes state-by-state dog and cat rehabilitation center listings and hundreds of articles, links, and resources to learn about disabilities. For support, HandicappedPets.com has hundreds of photos with stories of health and healing in their gallery and a classifieds section for adoptions and buying and selling used equipment.

HandicappedPets.com also contains an active message board with over 35,000 messages of help, support, and encouragement, now with up to 100 new messages daily. This support section of the site provides great insight into the needs and the industry.

“As when other members of the family become ill or injured, people reach out to family, friends and resources for support, information and guidance,” continues Robinson. “When someone is caring for a handicapped pet, it’s important they know that they’re not alone.”

For more information on HandicappedPets.com, visit HandicappedPets.com or call 888.811.PETS.

HandicappedPets.com

HandicappedPets.com was established in 2001 by Mark Robinson, in memory of Mecedes, a slightly epileptic Keeshound who was put to sleep before her time, to support the caretakers of elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets. Today, HandicappedPets.com is the leader in providing the products, services, and support for special needs pets to live happy, healthy and quality lives. For more information on HandicappedPets.com, visit www.HandicappedPets.com or call 888.811.PETS.

Text.jpg

Last edited:

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
interesting!

Anne:

Thanks for posting this. It's heartening that there is a large part of the pet-owner population who don't consider animals disposable when they become injured or are handicapped.

I forwarded it to my friend who is an occupational therapist. I suggested she combine her love of animals w/ this growing industry.

N

SHBueche

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
Anne, The press release is excellent, chock-full of relevant information for pet lovers! Thanks!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Attn: If anyone is interested in pitching an article about HandicappedPets.com, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a few more details.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I'll check out their links. I've got a dog who started having epileptic seizures at seven months old. They told me her prognosis was poor and she could expect a short life span due to the severity of her seizures.

Fourteen years later she's at the upper age of life expectancy for Austrailian Shepherds and is still going strong. She could however use a little help getting up into the bed on her own. Thanks again for the great link!

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
You're welcome, all. :)

ETA: Glad to hear your dog is doing so well even with seizures! I had a poodle once who had epilepsy and he did very well also.