Is this rejection a sign of doom or should I go to strip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAngelwithnowings

I just received this letter from "Fantasy & Scienxce Fiction" for a story I created from here and sent...It was later edited and tightened by Yeshanu that made it 10000 times better..but I had already mailed out the rough unedited version thinking it was good enough already...when it wasn't....

Here's the letter I got back from their editor:
===================================
Dear Mr Blank blank blank,

Thank you for submitting "blank blank blank" but I'm going to pass on it. There's nice writing here, but overall this tale didn't quite work for me, I'm afraid. Good luck to you with this one, and thanks again for sending it our way. I'd be interested in seeing more from you, so please do try us again with something else.

Sincerely,

blank blank blank
Editor

===================================

Is this rejection a sign of doom or should I go to the strip club?

Do they like my style just not my story?

:rofl

HConn

Re: Is this rejection a sign of doom or should I go to strip

This is a good rejection.

Maybe I should be sending my stuff to Yesh. :b

lastr

This is indeed a good rejection - it even asks to see more of your work. Way to go!

Carol

Lori Basiewicz

Mr. A, I think that may be that editor's form rejection. I got (almost?) the exact same wording from that pub a few weeks ago.

Yeshanu

I think it's a good rejection -- the editor did ask to see more.

Maybe I should be sending my stuff to Yesh.

Maybe I should start charging :money :b

Ah, well. It's a good story, Angel. Package it up for the next market, and send it out again.

HConn

Lori, F&SF have a couple form rejections. One says it "didn't grab me" meaning he didn't read past the first couple pages. One says it "didn't hold my interest" which means he didn't read to the end. One says it "didn't quite work for me," which means they finished it before rejecting it.

Adding "please send more," is an extra bonus.

MrAngelwithnowings

thanks everyone

Thanks everyone,

I feel that am very close to getting published...i can almost taste it.

My stories are: grabbing them, holding their interest, but not don't quite work or fit for them.

So, I guess the next time I wont send my story about Jenna and her scientist/moderators. In that story, they lived on on a street called Writers block, in the city of Jennapolis.

They had secretly discovered the true name of God after deciphering the bible codes. A name so powerful, it was used to embed enchantments into Jenna's books that hypnotized all those reading it into becoming successful paid writers.

:rofl

DISCLAIMER: this was just an attempt at humor, please don't ban me.

:thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.