It's not what you say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandellen

....but how you say it. Rejection being what I'm referring to here.

"I Wanna Be Sedated", title of an in the works anthology of teenager antics accepted my story, "Moon Over Santa Claus" through the first round of cuts; alas, I was notified yesterday, very thoughtfully, that my story would go no further.

The editors made it clear it was not a reflection of the quality of my writing, but rather more about combining the right selection of voices for the book, etc. I'll buy that.

So, my pile of rejections is getting higher and higher........means acceptance is closer and closer:)

In fact, why not look at rejections as steps to the top...you can't jump to the top, you have to take steps. Although, I wouldn't refuse an elevator ride.

Greenwolf103

In fact, why not look at rejections as steps to the top...you can't jump to the top, you have to take steps.

That's a very good philosophy, Sandra!! :thumbs I'm sorry your story got rejected but I wish you the best of luck in placing it elsewhere. With a positive attitude like that, you're bound to go far! :)

--Dawn

aka eraser

You have the right attitude Sandra. There's lots of potential markets for a piece like that so don't let it gather dust for too long. :thumbs

Yeshanu

In fact, why not look at rejections as steps to the top...you can't jump to the top, you have to take steps. Although, I wouldn't refuse an elevator ride.

Hmm.. When you said that, I had this absurd picture of a writer climbing to the top... using a pile of rejection slips for stairs. :grin

Keep climbing. :jump

Sandellen

Aww gee, thanks for your sympathy, guys!

Yeah, those bits of optimism spew forth from me once in awhile.

Glad I painted a picture for ya! Wouldn't mind those stairs being laced with dollar bills though, ya know?!

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.