Not enough words...rejection

• Thread starter MrAngelwithnowings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAngelwithnowings

Damn Damn Damn

I submitted one of my stories to SCIFi Channel and just received a letter that it had to be at least 2000 words or more to get better acquainted with the story....I forgot what the rest said because I was too bummed

Why why why did I overlook that minimum word count part....

I dont know whether to add more chapters and resubmit or just move on to the next...

Oh well..I'm getting closer to being accepted

I will not quit until I make it up there...

:thumbs

Melina

Oops...

I don't think I'd go adding chapters to fit a particular publication (unless you think it will really help the story). Time to find another market, pack it back up and send it back off...

Good luck!

Melina

Greenwolf103

MrAngel, sorry to hear about your rejection. I've been there many a times. Usually, I'm unable to add more to the story because I can't think of anything that could add to it, any words written out in their long-winded manner or any new elements to throw in.

The rule of thumb is to write what should be written. Adding anything useless to your story will kill it. If you are happy with the story as it is, please submit it elsewhere. If you think you can add to it and still make it a good story, then go for it. It might take a few days and some serious brainstorming but any writing you do is never wasted writing. ;)

Good luck on your story. And please cheer up.

--Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.