Briefly noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyB

Today I got an agent rejection letter which consisted of my own query letter stamped at the top, "We Thinkest Thou Stinkest."

Okay, well, it didn't really say that, but it was stamped. Kudos to the agent for not killing any more trees to reject me!

:grin

There's a post over in the Bewares & Background Check that says "I NEED A GOOD AGENT." I wanted be a snark and add a reply, "get in line, buddy," but I didn't. There's plenty of good agents for all of us... right?

Greenwolf103

Kudos to the agent for not killing any more trees to reject me!

I agree. Sorry to hear you got rejected, though.

And, yeah, I think that "perfect" agent is out there somewhere.

Hapsburg

I don't know about the kudos for environmentalism. If you go through the trouble of searching them out, adhering to their guidelines, preparing a packet, synopsis and cover letter; it seems to me the least they could do is print out a form letter (on the back of your cover if they wanna save trees) or handwrite something on the page. A stamp seems un-necessarily indifferent to the effort you've made to me. It seems insulting. It takes less than a minute to handwrite on the page "Sorry, not right for us, best of luck elsewhere".

Vomaxx

Yes, the "rubber stamp rejection" certainly strikes me as cheap and mean.

Perhaps the next thing will be for agents to send e-mail rejections to snail-mail queries, then peel off the stamps on the SASEs and use them themselves....

Greenwolf103

They're already doing that. Some of them are, at least. :grr

arrowqueen

Cheap and nasty - and their grammar's rotten too. Not half as clever as they think they are.

Ignore the buggers. Send it to a REAL agency.

Good luck,
aq

Status
Not open for further replies.