PDA

View Full Version : Adoptive parents

Aesposito
10-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I am kicking around an idea of a parenting book for adoptive parents....not a touchy-feely "isn't this just a miracle" kind of book or the "how I mortgaged my house to adopt a Korean orphan" kind of book". Not that that's a bad thing, but it doesn't get the diapers changed or homework done, if you know what I mean.

Rather this will be the kind of book I was looking for when I parented three adopted kids...a book about parenting first, and adoption second. A book of practical advice, filled with humor (think Vicky Iovine or Dave Berry) and first-hand stories. How adoption affects parenting, not how adoption changes it....because when it comes down to it, parenting is parenting.

So I'm looking for first-hand stories from adoptive parents, humorous, practical, sad, whatever...stories that you think will help another adoptive parent. I am not looking for stories set before children come home...rather I am specifically looking for stories, advice and anecdotes set after the children were placed with you. The stories can be related to education, medical, friendships, family, relationships, siblings, pets, food....basically any parenting issue you can think of....with an adoption bent, of course.

I would also prefer domestic adoption stories.....but if you have a story or anecdote related to parenting an internationally adopted child that you think would apply to a domestically adopted child as well, feel free to send it to me.

Please email me at aaesposito @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) with your stories, and we'll talk.

Audrey

Aesposito
01-22-2007, 11:27 PM
bump

spike
01-23-2007, 12:08 AM
I sent you an email