What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faerydancer

Hello everyone!

Just got a rejection in my Inbox this morning, and I can't say I understand it at all. It read something along the lines of:

Thank you for submitting to BlahBlah magazine. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept your submission for publication. We cannot give each submission individual feedback, but your's fell into the rejection categories below:

-Editorial Balance

What does "editorial balance" mean? Is it a flowered up way of saying, "This stinks!" or what?

Thanks!

a little confused,
Brenda

aka eraser

I've never received one of those checklist-type rejections but I've heard of them.

I'm guessing it might mean that you presented too much of one side of an issue rather than an equal ratio of pro and con. That's strictly a guess though, since I have no idea of what kind of piece you submitted.

arrowqueen

Or possibly they've already published something along the same lines?

Fern

editoral balance

Or perhaps there were too many of that "type" submission and they needed stuff on other subjects. . .such as the travel editor was overran with submissions while the foods section didn't have diddly?
Don't know. Just guessing.

maestrowork

Re: editoral balance

I think it means they've already had enough material that is similar to your piece. Editors have slots to fill, and once they fill the slots, they reject anything similar that comes their way. Or they only want two articles on parenting and one on pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.