3 in 1 Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyndral

This has been a bad week, not because of what's below, but that's not the point.

Monday, I got a letter in the mail about that fellowship I applied for at the Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I didn't get it. But I was still in the running for the general residencies.

Today, I got another letter in the mail. I didn't get that either. No surprise there. I figured if I didn't get the fellowship, I wouldn't get a general residency either. They said, "The reviewers indicated that they felt that you need more time to refine your writing and gain more experience."

I don't know if I agree or not since what I sent them as the writing sample was, admittedly, an older piece.

Also, today, I got an e-mail from the contest administrator for the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future contest I entered. I made it to the quarter-finals but didn't win after that. That's OK. I'm actually pretty excited that I made it to quarter-finals. :)

They said, "Placing in the quarter-finals means that your story was in the top 15 - 20% of entries for the contest quarter."

As far as I'm concerned, that's pretty darn good. lol.

arrowqueen

Bad luck with the first two, Jen, but the third is positive. Persevere and you'll get there.

Good luck,
aq

triceretops

Jyndral

I was also a quarter-finalist back in 1990, and am still very proud of that. I use it on my credit page to this day.

Triceratops

Jyndral

I'm pretty pleased with the last one, aq. :)

I've been working on another short story, this one a bit more SF than fantasy, anyway, so I think I'll kick it up a notch and get it done for the next deadline on March 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.