I only had to wait an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

faerydancer

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit bummed. I stressed over an article for what felt like forever, rewrote and rewrote some more, finally got the courage to send it out, and was rejected within an hour :( The editor was very nice though, and gave loads of constructive criticism on a section of the article just for my own knowledge.

At least it wasn't a form rejection, but ugh. It was a topic I was excited about, but it just wouldn't come out right on paper. Does that ever happen to any of you? I always find myself rushing to finish a piece and sending it before it's ready to go.

Impatience always gets the best of me, I guess.

Thanks for listening,

Brenda

aka eraser

There are a couple of pluses to take from this rejection Brenda.

You didn't have to wait and agonize for weeks or months and the editor did take the time to make constructive comments.

Sounds like you recognize one of your own weaknesses and if the comments made by editor make sense, and you can incorporate them into future work, you're closer to an acceptance than you were when you got up this morning.

Greenwolf103

Brenda, that's really depressing. :( And, yeah, I've been there. Be grateful for the personal attention, though. Good luck in placing it elsewhere!

faerydancer

Thanks for your comments, guys :D I'm feeling a little better now, and just need to apply what I learn from each rejection into my next projects so I'll get a big, whopping acceptance!

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Best,
Brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.