Got another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Knowing Skull

I got a rejection letter from ROC PUBLICATIONS today. That's two for the same project, but the first was a definite misfire at any rate. The ROC rejection came in quite a nice form letter. I understand S. King had 90 rejection letters before he ever sold, so I have some catching up to do!:D
--

Greenwolf103

Sorry to hear about the rejection, Skull, but please don't try to pitch to them 90 times. Of course I know you wouldn't do that! ;) But I just have to say it, anyway.

And, FYI, King actually gave up submitting. His wife is responsible for his book getting published, after she fished Carrie out of the trash can.

Unless you're talking short stories??....

The Knowing Skull

Yeah, this was for a science fiction farce. I have confidence in the project, and think it will sell eventually. I forgot about King's wife picking it out of the trash. His book On Writing is fairly informative, though I haven't been able to incorporate all of his suggestions yet. That and Danse Macabre are the only books I've read of his.

I don't take it as a negative thing to get a rejection letter. The company felt the book was too big for them to handle!:lol Seriously, you must expect some rejection unless you truly have written something so dynamic and brilliant that everyone will like it. I'm fairly certain nothing has been written like that.

Greenwolf103

Yikes, I hope that doesn't spell doom for my 445-page manuscript!

sherri234

Hope you guys get lots of acceptances and no wonder I don't hear from you too often, Dawn, with that many pages in a book, it's surprising if you get any sleep.:) Hope all is well.

Hugs, Susie

Greenwolf103

To Suse

Hi, Susie,

Thank you. :) Actually, I'm wrapping up one of my NF books (an outline really DOES help!!!! LOL) and working on FIVE articles this week. ugh. I've also had a certain personal problem to deal with. But I promise to get in touch when I can. Know that you're in my thoughts!

Hugs,

Dawn

sherri234

Re: To Suse

Hi, Dawn,

That's way cool about all your articles, etc. Hope you get mega checks. Sure hope your personal problem gets cleared up very quickly in your favor.

I really was j/k about the not writing too often. You're in my thoughts too.

Hugs, Susie:)

Greenwolf103

Re: To Suse

Thanks, Susie! :) And don't sweat it; I wasn't offended, or anything. Take care!

Hugs,

Dawn

sherri234

Hi, Dawn,

Very glad you weren't. I didn't think so. Hope you have a super week.

Hugs, Susie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.