Ripped hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizabethJames

Ground Hog Day is approaching and we are nowhere near accomplishing anything we intended this year. It's been three weeks since our would-be agent received the manuscript of our first novel. It's been three years since we got seduced by the damn thing in the first place.

We have no doubts that our work is beautifully written and unique. But it's probably too unique. (Sorry, but this is the first time we've really needed to modify unique.) Way way way off the beaten path. Beyond Tom Robbins even. Irreverent, and maybe even irrelevant. And for no reason we can pinpoint, we are discouraged this morning beyond anything we might have imagined.

A rip tide of resignation has grabbed our brain and we cannot seem to shake it. Maybe it's from reading about so many others of you out there scuffling and scrambling just like us. Or maybe it's the impenetrable maze of Agentland that has us hooked. Whatever the source, it is pulling us down into the dark cold current of dismay.

:(

paprikapink

Well, I deeply admire you anyway. Clearly you are a genius. If I were an agent, you'd be rich. Maybe you are rich. How 'bout this, if I were an agent, more people would be blessed by the experience of you.

-pkpk

ElizabethJames

You are SO sweet to send us this cheeriest of notes. We've been slogging through writersdigest.com all day and this is the only piece of bright news we've had.

Loveliz

Greenwolf103

I know the frustration. Believe me; I submitted my "baby" over a month ago and the waiting is KILLING me!!

As for the goals: Don't be too hard on yourself. Really. the year is still young. I think the important thing is that you don't give up on your goals despite what point of the year we are in and just keep at them.

And, yes, you have DEFINITELY come a long way. Just hold on a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.