I need two volunteers!

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
This is kind of a spammy post. I won't be too offended if a mod wants to axe it.

So I'm doing this contest thing on my blog, and I need two volunteers to judge for me. It would only take a little bit of time. The contest is to write a 99 word short story, and I will pick the semi-finalists. You would pick the winner and the three runners up. Since the stories are only 99 words long, you'll get through them pretty quickly as I probably won't have too many semi-finalists, (assuming anyone actually enters. :( Knock on computer desk).

More info at my blog here.

I would judge it myself, but I think with multiple judges it'll be easier to escape the impression of favoritism, especially with one prize (self)valued at over $1,000,000 dollars.

I wouldn't need you until October 26th. If you're interested, please PM me or post in the thread or email me.

Also if anyone has something they can give away via email or electronically that I can add to the prize list that would be awesome, and I would gush with enthusiasm all over you on my blog (which is averaging about 1,500-2,500 unique visits a day). It should be writerly or horror-ly.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
lol, no, the prize isn't me. That's not what I meant. Heh. The prizes are listed on the blog.

Quill

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! You said something that caught my attention...

XThe NavigatorX said:
Also if anyone has something they can give away via email or electronically that I can add to the prize list that would be awesome, and I would gush with enthusiasm all over you on my blog (which is averaging about 1,500-2,500 unique visits a day). It should be writerly or horror-ly.

I'm not sure what the average age is for people visiting your blog (since I'd assume mostly teens or young adults might use what I have in mind), but if people want a free blog of their own that is both writerly and horror-ly, I'll happily donate two Deadjournal codes to you. I can give you the codes, if you're interested in them as prizes, and you can pass them along to a winner or two. PM me if you're interested. No catches, no thankyous on your own blog needed.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
hilarious: A warm feeling of accomplishment. (Value $62.98)

Can you confirm the age of contestants? I might be able to donate a prize e.g. 101 Money Tips or something like that which can be downloaded electronically if you think it's suitable to the audience. I'll have a poke through my list of e-books.

If you need other judges I can volunteer. Naturally I expect a hand drawn picture of me by a 3 yr old as my reward... Oh ok I'll accept cold hard cash. No really, I will.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I would volunteer but I want to enter! I am so jones'in for the picture by Lily. Also Shivered Sky (since being the rotten friend I am, I have yet to order it).

BTW, is it Beta, or me, or a flurry of sunspots, or maybe North Korea has launched their attack (ahem..test)? Everytime I try to read that entire post my computer crashes. It says something in Japanese about script being too fast or something. ((??)) I always panic, so I'll wait and try and read it all again later today. But I'm terribly stoked!

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I didn't have any problems (using FireFox, if that helps).

I thought about entering, if only for a copy of Shivered Sky :D but realized that I don't write horror or anything remotely close to it, so... Yeah. :)

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Thanks, peeps. I think I have my volunteers for judging. Now I just have to get people to enter.

If you want to, err, pass it on to any writerly friends, I would be forever grateful. I had a nightmare last night that nobody entered, and I felt like a moron.

mjlpsu

unidentifiable food tester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.boozefoodtravel.com
Any way I can use this contest as motivation for a writing assignment for my more intelligent EFL classes? I doubt any of them has a blog of any sort, but some of them might do well enough to enter. (Plus this gives me an excuse to get a class or two to be quiet for a few days.)

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I don't see why not.

If you post the entries on your blog in their names as individual posts I suppose that's okay.

mdin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
BTW, thanks to the fine folks at Absolute Write for donating a subscription to Absolute Markets Premium Edition as an additional prize for the contest.